Chapter Six: Trippin'

Resting on her new faux fur rug at the foot of her bed, Honey couldn't be any happier than she already was. A year had gone by since she last saw Morgan as well as Donavon. Though he offered to help with finding a job, she got accustomed to not working while in school. After graduating, she moved into her own place, a mid-size condo uptown. One thing for sure, Randall was right about what would happen.

She had accompanied Kinsley on a simple dinner party and that's when she met Brian. He was an industrial engineer for an international computing company, with more money in his account than she could bother to count. He made her life easier than before and even helped her mother with a few things. Honey wasn't sure if she loved him but she was truly happy to spend time with him. He didn't judge her for who she was and luckily for her, the sex was decent enough to hold her over until something better came along.

He ended up paying back Jon the money he gave to Honey because he didn't feel comfortable with her "owing" him. Regardless of the countless times Jon mentioned she didn't have to pay him back. Once Honey separated herself from Don, Kinsley did the same with Braden. That was harder for than she imagined it would be. Something about him made her feel at ease and she didn't have to put on airs for him. He accepted her and her situation, never asking her for money which was a problem she's had in the past with men.

She did, however, text him every so often to see how he was doing. This also prompted her to be able to keep up with what Don was doing for Honey. Though she wouldn't dare admit it, Kinsley knew her best friend missed him.

Feeling something wet against her face, Honey sat up as she looked down toward her Shih Tzu puppy Mulan.

"Mumu what are you doing?" She cooed as she picked up her and carried her into the kitchen. The sound of her door opening startled her for a moment before she noticed a smiling Kinsley coming down the hall. "Shit you scared me. What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you silly. And don't give me a key if it's going to scare you when I come into the house."

"Yeah yeah. What's up though?" Kinsley hopped on her kitchen island showing off her pearly whites.

"Guess who called me."

"Braden." Honey answered already knowing who she going to say.

"You suck. Anyways, Don's birthday is next weekend and he wanted to know if you wanted to come to the party their throwing for him." Honey didn't say anything as she busied herself looking for something to eat.

After hearing the news of him suing Morgan and his boss, she was surprised she didn't hear from Donavon but the feeling passed after a while. She figured he was no longer interested and she'd be lying if she says she was too.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Someone that works with Brian could see me."

"What? The two of you aren't official I thought."

"Well yeah but I still go to things with him. Don's name is being passed around Brian's office lately. He's coming up as of late."

"Aww shit. Sugar Daddy status on deck!"

"I don't want his money."

"I mean sure. I don't want Jon's money and yet, here we are." Honey shook her head. Would the same attraction be there now that he was single? "Just promise me you'll think about it. I already said we were coming but you can always change your mind."

"Thanks Kin." Honey sarcastically stated.

"Come here Mumu. Mommy's raising her voice isn't she." She cooed while taking the puppy away from Honey.