six

tw!!: vomit

We board the bus quietly. I'm allowed to go to these games and serve as a Manager although thats not my position. Me and Kiyoko decided that we'd sit next to each other to help keep Tanaka away from her. Today is the practice game against Aoba Johsai and Hinata doesn't seem too well. I pull out my phone and text Kenma to pass the time.

______________________________________________________________________

Me:

hey

Kenma:

hey, what's up?

Me:

our team is on the way to a practice game currently so I'm just trying to let time slip by

Kenma:

oh right, you help with Karasuno?

Me:

yeah, that's correct.

Kenma:

cool, volleyball right?

Me:

mhm

Kenma:

that's nice for you. but doesn't karasuno have a bad rep?

Me:

Yeah a lot of people say that the teams have been going downhill but I think we have a group of very talented guys.

Kenma:

hopefully we play against you guys someday

Me:

yeah that would be interesting to watch. is your team any good?

Kenma:

I'd say so.

Me:

nice. well our bus is almost there so I'll talk to you later, k?

Kenma:

okay, good luck.

Me:

thanks, bye :)

_______________________________________________________________________

" you guys are cute" Kiyoko says. I had no idea she was looking at our conversation

" Cute?"

" Mhm. You guys have a cute relationship"

" Relationship??"

" Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were just friends. It's just that you were smiling as you two texted and I could've sworn I saw some kind of flushed look spread across your cheeks when he wished you good luck" She says, obviously trying to tease me.

" I wasn't flushed.." I mumble, embarrassed. Was I? She laughs a little and exits the bus, along with the others. I come outside to see Tanaka covered in vomit and Hinata apologizing like crazy.

" You okay Hinata?" I ask. He nods his head but he looks like he could pass out any second. I walk over to Kageyama who looks like he wants to snap poor Hinata's neck.

" You alright?" I ask him, he looks at me and his scary look softens just a bit from seeing how I'm genuinely concerned for the both of them. They put so much effort into working together during practice, I bet Kageyama's really pissed.

" It's pathetic how he's backing out last second"

" He's not backing out though, he's fighting to stay in the game. It's gonna be fine" I say with a reassuring smile.

" You sure are a lot nicer than your brother"

" thanks." I say. I hate being compared to my brother, even if it's a compliment. We're two different people. And he isn't that bad. I walk away with the team, walking by these two boys who seem to be talking about us. Their conversation catches the attention of Me, Kei, Yams, Kags, and Tanaka.

" All I know about them now is that they've got some super hot babes as team managers." One of them says. Ew. Kiyoko would never like them and neither would I. Plus I'm not even a manager.

" They have girls?!" The other says.

" Yeah they both have these sexy vibes about them" One says. This is disgusting.

" And one of their team members looks like a juvenile delinquent. He even has a shaved head. Then again, he looks pretty stupid" The same one speaks. Tanaka peaks his head around the corner, earning their attention with a humming noise. We all walk around the corner in front of the two boys, scaring them a little since they know they've been caught.

" Don't mock my team bro!" Tanaka yells. We all give them intimidating stares. The only one it's not really working for is Yamaguchi. I just walk off to help the others prepare. We all walk to the gym, Hinata still being as sick as ever.

" Hey, Y/n and Kiyoko, could you give Hinata a few words of advice?" Daichi asks. We walk over and hold him by the shoulders

" Do your best" Kiyoko says

" I'm sure you'll do great out there" I add. He stares at us for three seconds until his face turns completely red and he looks like he's gonna fall over. Anyways, the game goes on for a while and a lot of shit goes wrong, Hinata is running into everything, dropping the ball, even hitting Kageyama in the back of the head once. Nearing the end of the game, this new player comes in. Girls in the stands are screaming once he comes out. Huh? What's so good about him? Sure he's attractive but the boys on our team like Daichi and Suga are attractive too, but you don't see me fangirling over them. Same with Kenma, he's attractive, and usually nice, quiet, calm, fun.. that's besides the point, I don't fangirl over him. As the new guy plays, he's targeting Tsuki since he's in the back. Tsuki is an excellent blocker due to his height which makes him a good target at the moment. I feel myself losing hope for the boys until Hinata and Kags pull out their quick attack. I run up and hug Tsuki, congratulating him even though he finds it annoying. I roll my eyes and congratulate the rest of the boys.

___________________________________________________________

Me:

Update, we won. I think. I don't understand volleyball.

Kenma:

good job :)

Me:

I'm really happy for the guys, they were going through some issues in the beginning but they pulled through

Kenma:

you must be an amazing manager. they probably really appreciate you.

Me:

i'm actually not a manager. i just accompany them
Kenma:

well still. they probably appreciate you a lot

________________________________________________________________________________

Do they appreciate me? I don't do much.

" Hey Y/n! Thanks for trying to help Hinata out at first!" Tanaka yells, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.