twenty-one

I rush out of my house with Kenma's lost item in my hand. I pull out my phone to check his location, following the direction he's pointed at. Once the dots between me and him are close enough, I put my phone up and look up, seeing Kenma, Kuroo, and some other boy. I run up and tap my boyfriends shoulder. He turns around and looks at me with a confused look.

" Y/n? What are you doing here?" He asks

" You left your earbuds at my house, thought I'd give them back since I knew you couldn't have gone too far" I reply, handing the earbuds to him. He takes them and slips them in his pocket.

" Wow! This is Y/n?" The stranger boy asks

" Sure is" Kuroo says.

" I'm Bokuto!" The owl greets himself in a cheery tone. I smile softly.

" I'm Y/n! Kenma's girlfriend!"

" You should hang out with us for the day since you're already here!"

" No thank you, I'm tired!"

" Aww, hang with us a different time then!"

" We'll see. Bye!" I yell out as I begin to walk away, once I almost reach my house I see my friend Yachi in the corner of my eye passing by. I smile and wave hello to her, she shyly waves back then gets on her way. I watch as her tiny figure walks away. I should try to get her on the volleyball team, she doesn't do much in her spare time. Maybe I should invite her over, ever since I began coming to volleyball practices, we've spent a lot less time together.

" Hey Yachi! Come back here!" I call out to the small blonde. She skips back over to me.

" wanna come over? we haven't talked in a while!" I offer. She quickly nods her head. I smile brightly then walk with her until we reach my front door.

" So what have you been up to?" I ask, opening the door to my home and allowing her inside.

" Nothing much, I'm still in that college course class which takes up most of my time since I need to study a lot."

" Well at least you're doing good with school! I barely understand anything" I say, bashfully rubbing the back of my neck from embarrassment. She lets out a tiny giggle as we both walk to my room. I close the bedroom door behind us.

" Your room hasn't changed at all" She says.

" I changed some things" I reply, sitting down on my bed as I watch her explore my room. She walks up to my desk and opens the drawer, seeing some photos I printed out of Me, Kuroo, Kenma, and even some of Lev since I've been getting closer to him even though Kenma finds him annoying. Theres also a ton of the Karasuno boys and Kiyoko.

" Who are these people?" She asks, sitting down beside me, still looking at the pictures. I lean in close to take a look as well.

" That's the team my brother plays with.. That girl right there is the manager. rooster head there is my friend Kuroo, and that's Kenma.. my boyfriend" I tell her about all of them. Her eyes widen of shock after I tell her about Kenma.

" You have a boyfriend?!" She asks in a surprised voice. I laugh at her reaction, nodding my head.

" How did you two meet?"

" I texted the wrong number, that number turned out to be his, we started playing video games together and then we met each other in real life, eventually falling for each other" I tell her about the story between us. She looks at me with a sweet smile and her usual kind eyes.

" Wow that's so cute! I wish I had someone" She says.

" Well, do you see anyone you could like in these photos? well besides me and my boyfriend of course" I say. She looks back down at the photos. She looks at a photo of Kiyoko. After a couple seconds, she hands me the picture of Kiyoko.

" Oh so you like Kiyoko? I could see you two getting together" I say.

" Really?"

" Yeah, you two would be cute. Tanaka and Nishinoya would be jealous but whatever" I reply. Setting the photo of Kiyoko to the side so that I can remember to try to get them in contact with each other.

" Well anyways, when can I meet your boyfriend?"

" Maybe tomorrow morning, he's out with his friends at the moment."

" cool!" She says, laying down and staring at my ceiling, yawning shortly after.

" You're tired already?" I ask. She nods her head. I smile at her petite figure already wrapped up in my blankets. I lay down next to her, falling asleep shortly after she does.