2 years a Queen

I passed every DNA test i went through, shocking everyone with my existence.

At first, people were mad that i hadn't stopped Brandashar earlier, or that i didn't just come out and tell everyone who i was four years ago. but when i told them that i had just recently found out who i was, and reminded them that my team had done what everyone had failed to, and taken Brandashar out. that one normally shut them up.

For months, all i did was read and sign papers for all sorts of things, and then finally i had a coronation ceremony where i had to say some stuff, hold a few things, and then be crowned with a real crown! it was beautiful with diamonds all over it. it looked more expensive than my entire home town.

It was all very exciting, but i wasn't extremely enthusiastic the entire time because the only person i really wanted to be there to see this was Lefahn, and i had absolutely no idea where he was.

I wanted nothing more than to immediately search for him, just to have some reassurance or something. but as soon as i began my new queenly duties, i had thousands of problems to fix that had been left from Brandashar and my grandmother.

I had debts to pay, and arguments to settle. then there was the fact that i was ruling almost one fourth of the world. everyone was scared i was going to take over their countries, and i had to sign peace treaties with everyone assuring them i was perfectly content with the huge country i had right now.

I had to make a few taxes higher, but not by a lot, just on things i knew people would buy often enough that it would actually add up. then to further the amount of money i needed to get, i tracked down the stupid jerks who had taken over before Brandashar had, and made them pay me a significant sum of money for all the stuff they had done.

I also put the gold Brandashar had kept all to himself just to have, and put it in the treasury. within months we were stable again, and we were running like we had before this whole year had gone to crap.

But i wasn't done there. i went through law book after law book looking for things i had to change, and i did change them. i also changed the justice system so that it was actually just, and i also decided that if someone requested my presence for a matter urgent to them, that i would have a meeting with them.

I was going to rule the way a person was supposed to rule, and if that meant drastic changes, then so be it.

It took me two years to get everything that had been mucked up over time cleaned up, and only then was i able to hire a person to search for Lefahn.

But he almost never came back with solid reports, and so i told him only to tell me if he found him. in the mean time, i had an event to focus on.

For two years, Brandashar had been my prisoner, and today was his execution day. Not that it would be a public event, in fact, it would be only a few friends, myself, and the executioner that would actually be attending.

I only wanted to go to see for myself that the horrible creature didn't come back. but aside from that, there was also a celebration that was going to be held afterwards, and i would have to put on a dopey smile, and fake it till i made it amongst the rich and elite, a crowd i felt completely wrong in.

But i had secretly invited my friends, and i was determined to have some fun. after all, i was only twenty four. i was entitled to a good time regardless of my duties as queen.

I looked in the mirror again before i left my room and headed down the short hallway to the elevator. i looked around myself, and was thankful for the lack of body guards. i had been surrounded by people every day since i got here, and every break so far was a pleasant one.