-2-

1 Year 6 Months Later

I turn my camera on for the first time in almost a year. I sit back down on my new couch, I look back at my cat sitting behind me on the cushion.

"I guess I better do this now rather than later huh Marb?" I ask teaching out to pet my cat. She mews a little, guess that's a yes.

I press record and begin, I tell my story about where I've been and what the future will hold. After I finished I tell them there will be a new stream tomorrow night.

After I finish my video I get on the discord to tell my good friend Rae (Valkyrae) that I just finished the video and I'm about to send it to my editor if she wants to play some Among Us for a bit.

"Hey A, I'm so happy you're back I can't believe you're actually returning. How are you doing?" She asks as I join the room with her. After chatting for a bit and catching up I mention how I don't know many people here in San Diego.

"San Diego? What I thought you lived in Missouri? Did you move?" She asks almost to excitedly.

"Yeah yeah I used to I decided that I needed a change of pace and I thought a lot about where to go and ultimately I wanted to start somewhere I've never been before, and that house was way to big for just me. So I sold all the stuff I didn't need and moved out here. I'm also trying the dating thing again, although I've stood up every date I've set up." I say and laugh nervously.

There's a long pause almost like she's trying to decide how to reply. Eventually she replies, "so you're ready to start dating again?"

"I mean year Col wouldn't want me dwelling on him."

"Well I know someone in the area you might get along with, and he's a YouTubed as well!" She says pretty perky.

"Oh? Really who?"

"He goes by Corpse, he's pretty chill and cool to talk to."

"Hmmm well what if we invite him to play with us tomorrow on my comeback stream?"

"Sounds perfect! Listen I gotta go I gotta start my stream soon get some sleep you'll need your energy for tomorrow!" She leaves with a gleeful goodbye.

I log off discord with the mystery Corpse guy on my mind. As I lay down in my bed I pull up my computer to see how my video is going, I get comments almost immediately all sounding sincere and very apologetic, a couple mean but I just scroll past those.

Corpse is still lingering in my mind when I start to look him up in the search bar. " looks like me does scary stories mostly interesting," I say reaching out for Marb, " I don't like scary things often, ooo music let's give it listen shall we?" I press play on 'White tee', I unknowingly start to bob my head while listening.

Once the song ends I put one of my playlists on while I lay down with my phone in hand getting ready for bed. I message Rae, corpse seems cool I like his music can't wait to talk to him tomorrow! Goodnight, I hit send out my phone on the charger and try to fall asleep.