Chapter 16

-Song for this chapter:

*Shake It Off- Florence+The Machine*
________________

Kylie's POV

My long-lost-cousin Liam. Literally..

"Oh my.. Kylie, I miss you so much. " Said the figure in front of me. Oh how much I miss him also.

Was this real or all in my head? Am I dreaming again?

"Oh Liam, I miss you too. " I tell him still grasped into his arms. I don't want to let go. He was always my favorite relative, but once he ran away from home, I was completely lost. He was never the type to do anything like that but when he did, it was an absolute surprise to everyone in my family.

It feels like I'm hugging a complete stranger. Five years of not seeing a certain person was very uncommon.

I remember the day he and I were talking about him running away.

-Flashback-

"Kylie?" Liam said entering my room. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yeah?"

"What would you say if I'd ran away?" He asked me in all seriousness.

I chuckled a little. "From where Liam?"

"Home." He whispers with a worried look on his face.

"What? Why do you ask that. Are you okay?" I asked confused.

"I don't know. I'm just asking you," he pauses taking a shakey breath. "What do you think?"

"I don't know," I think for a bit. "Liam are you okay, you sound like you murdered someone. Did you?" I try to joke but it didn't really feel as humorous as I inteneded it to.

"No." He doesn't even bother to look at me right now. "I'm stressing Kylie."

"What do you mean Liam? " I asked, just to see if it's the reason I think it is.

"I don't want to go home."

"But why what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm scared!" He shouts in frustration, lifting his arms up in the air at that moment.

"But what happened?" I continue to ask moving closer to him on my bed where he was sitting.

"I got into a fight in school with Joseph and I just." He says fast with his voice cracking after.

He was about to cry I could tell.

"Liam calm down please, did you get hurt?" I questioned frowning. I dreaded Joseph. He would always bully Liam for being the quiet one. Telling him he was gay and so on. He bullied everyone. Other students as well, myself included.

"Well, no not this time, but I'm scared if my parents find out." He was crying quietly now playing with his fingers.

"But if you explain what had happened.." I push not finishing my sentence all the way through.

"Well," he sobbed. "You know how Joseph is, he always wants to bother someone so I guess he choosed me. And it was just terrible. He started pushing and shoving me, so I threw the first punch at him. I'm tired of him. " He explained.