Page 13: "I'll have you, I'll own you."

[Roniit - Beautiful People]

Hello.

What's up.

Have a good read^^

......

"We are not like them. Why? Because, because you are with me, you watch over me, I am for you too. Why this is it."

- Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck

......

October 3, 1591

The boy lying on the grand and sumptuous bed of the large and ornate bedroom was holding the duvet up to his chin and listening with sleepy eyes to the story told by the young woman sitting on the edge of the bed.

"...Then the cattle herder came down very carefully from the ceiling and placed a large, heavy stone on the lid of the cauldron. Then he lit a fire under it.It was getting terribly hot inside. The giant couldn't take it any longer. He shouted, pushed the cover and jumped out.The fish he had eaten in a hurry as he shouted and poured out of its wide red mouth opening to cow ears. Wounded by burns and distraught, the creature escaped, the cowherd, then gathered the fish.He tied them back to the cow's back and, singing, continued on his way to the remote village beyond the mountains."

When the woman came to the end of the tale she told and brought her gaze to the boy, she saw that the little boy's eyes were completely closed and with a smile that captured his lips, "Good night. She got up from the bed, whispering and pressing her lips to the open forehead with black hair.

Just as he was leaving the room, the boy opened his eyes and called, "My lady," in a low tone. So the woman hesitated and turned her body into a child.

"Yes, dear?"

"Thing." Said the boy dullly. "Please don't blow out the candles and, and will you run the music box? I love sleeping with his voice."

At the child's request, the woman smiled politely and said, "Of course," and grabbed the music box on the nightstand by the bed. "I'm so glad you like this." Meanwhile he was turning the little handle next to the box.

"How could I not like it, my lady? It was the best birthday present I ever received." Said the little one, looking away. "I'm even scared that if I play too much, it will break."

When the woman turned the handle enough and lifted the lid, a sweet melody began to float out of the box, and the trinkets of the dancing woman and man in it began to spin around. So the woman left the music box back to its original place and returned to the boy with a closed smile. "There's nothing to worry about, Jerome. I can gift you as many jukeboxes as you want."

His big gray eyes were still focused on the woman as the boy pressed his lips together and covered half of his face with the veil.

"Do you have any other wishes, little one?" He asked curiously.

The boy nodded in a nod, dull, intending to ask the question that had troubled his mind for a long time. "Tamas told me something the other day," she said, shuffling under the cover. "He sees that you are constantly interested in and looking at me, and well." The little one's large front teeth tugged on his lower lip. He said, "Your ...". "He asked if you were my mother."

Despite the question the child was asking, the woman had tilted her head slightly and pulled the flap of her silk nightgown towards her. "Well, what did you answer, little one?"

"I said I didn't know," the boy replied. He then lifted his head towards the woman again with excited curiosity. "Is that true, my lady? Are you my mother?"