Page 24: "That leads to destruction."

[Sam Tinnesz - Far from home]

Hello^^

What's up.

The hands of those who vote and comment should not worry.

Have a good read^^

......

"I have to defend myself by asking questions that no one will answer, as if fighting the shadows."

-Apología Sokrátus, Plato

......

In the early morning, at one of the rare times, I was awake inside the castle, and at Lady Carmilla's call, I was heading towards her room.  I would not have had enough sleep, because my mind was falling into an unstable, painful and half-sleepy position due to this lack of sleep.  As I raise my hand and rub my forehead hard, I was hoping it would be an important meeting.  Otherwise, there would be no point in being awakened at such an early hour.

When I walked in through the door, the first thing that caught my attention was that the sinister room was clean and bright with sunlight.  The curtains were wide open, with no traces of old dust left, and Lady Carmilla, who was sitting on the rocking chair in the corner of the room, crossed her legs, turned her gaze towards me.  She was wearing a milky white robe, a pearl necklace around her neck, and her fine hair was gathered around one shoulder.  It looked like the only point of life and light in the dead and dark castle.

"I'm glad you accepted my invitation, Theodore. Come in, please."

When he spoke in a low tone with the sourdough of the morning, I took a few steps inwards and closed the door behind me.  When I put my hands together behind my body and stood before him in my everyday uniform, his cat walked past us and left a weak meow.  So Carmilla stood up and came in front of the cat on the table and put his hand towards his lovely head.  Despite the warm smile on his face, the cat purr and rubbed his head more against his hand.  "Are you hungry, Midnight?"  Carmilla asked in a sweet voice towards the cat.

Then his gaze turned again to me and cleared his throat.  “You must be wondering why I summoned you here,” when he said, he put a full bowl in front of the cat so the cat leaned over and started eating.

"Yes, my lady."  I said while nodding my head.  So Carmilla threw her hair back with her hand.

"What do you know about the golden children, Theodore? Apart from what I told you about, do you have any information about them? Did you research?"

Despite his question, I shook my head because I hadn't researched it.  Well, lately my work has been so busy that I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror.

"Okay, then let's start simple with you; all the gentlemen in this castle are golden boys."  He made me frown.  "Jerome, Julius, Seraphim, Noah and Yosef. They are all golden children. Seraphim, Noah and Yosef, the first golden boys. We call them the first generation. Noble, intelligent and talented children born in a great fortune. They are beautiful enough to bite the lips to the ministers."  children, however, are not normally like this. "  He shook his head and played with a tulip-stone ring on the finger of one hand.  Meanwhile, he looked away and started watching his cat.

"Golden children are children born very ugly. Children that seem like a terrible nightmare."  Carmilla said as he slowly closed and opened his eyes.  "They have many physical deficiencies and incompatibilities. Eyes that are too big for the face, crooked spine, stuck fingers, too protruding shoulder blades, long arms, too small hands ... When a mother is born, too many deformities to frighten and disgust her own offspring.  At one point, when I was a young girl, the people considered these children to be the children of the devil, to be killed, buried or cremated. Such terrible ignorance and superstition took the lives of many golden children.  they should have been allowed because they could not see the real event. "