Page 22: "Elves Forest."

[Anathema - Angels walk among us]

Hello^^

What's up.

The hands of those who vote and comment should not be in trouble.

Have a good read.

......

"I'm not like you. I don't like to see someone else think the same things as me."

-La Nausée, Jean-Paul Sartre

......

It was a small hut by a desolate lake where I opened my eyes as a hot lunch hour, as the summer wave hit my skin.  I was sleeping in a double bed with the sunshine hitting through the open windows and even though I didn't know how I got here - after a few trips I didn't care anymore - with white linen covers.

It was an obvious fact that I was not alone in this one-room hut;  There was another noise here mixed with the noise of the calm waves of the lake.  It was the deep breathing voice of a woman of medium height looking out through the window of the hut.  His back was turned to me, his hands were together behind his body.  Her hair over her shoulders was gathered loosely in two ponytails, her familiar furry hat and frilly dress on her head, watching the well-behaved clear lake and the dense greenery and trees around it.

I knew very well who this person was, but for the first time he was meeting him in a proper, not terrifying place, and his image seemed very clear and obvious compared to previous moments.  It was not like a ghost, but like a living body.  He stood there, as if he had not yet tasted death, with his clean top and diverging gaze.

As I got out of bed and brought my feet together with the creaking wooden floor, I was on my gaze and moving rather slowly.  He must have understood that I was awakening and getting up when he took another breath that lifted his shoulders and broke the sound of the waves in a low tone;  “This is a special place,” he said absently.  Her tone sounded cute and equally natural.  "I haven't been here in a long time, and I think the reason I want to talk to you here is that I don't miss it so much."

My gaze briefly studied the environment;  There was a double bed, two small windows, a candlestick on the bedside table, and a few handcrafted ornaments on the wooden walls.  Apart from that, there was neither a room nor a furniture here.  "Where is here?"

"Slovakia," he said, pulling his hands from the back of his body and clasping them in his belly.  He played by rubbing his fingers together.  "Carmilla and I built this house ourselves. We used to call this little hut the 'house of secrets'."  As he made a small, lifeless giggle, he lowered his head sadly and pointed to the wooden floor.  "We used to write and leave notes with little sheets of paper under these floors, and come here once a week to spend only one day. That one day, independent of the world, away from life," He sighed.  "It meant eternity for us, heaven on earth was a completely different dimension."  He spoke so deeply and sadly that his tone of voice was cracked and gave a broken smile.

"Really .." I said, wetting my lips with my tongue.  "Are we here right now?"

“Just like every other time,” he said, turning his body slowly towards me.  "You are dreaming. This is a place I created. I just wanted a place for my memories."  Then he put his hand on the scalp and scratched it slightly.  "But of course, there is another purpose for me to bring you here, which is that I don't want to talk to you."

While I was waiting for him to be quiet and start talking, I was looking into his eyes and just stopping where I was.  He took a few gentle steps towards me, shed his resentment and tied his arms around his chest.  “Theodore,” he said, squinting.  "You changed your future. Why did you do this?"