sleep

They had to pull themselves together by the time Abigail came back. We continued painting each other's nails.

"So what grade are you in Abigail?" Jenna asked.

"Tomorrow's my first day of 2nd grade." She answered. My eyes widened.

"Hold up, so I'm taking you to your first day?" I pointed out.

Abigail nodded her head yes. I honestly felt kinda bad for her. But I'm happy to take her to her first day of 2nd grade.

By the time we were finished painting nails it was getting late. We decided to all watch a movie. Cinderella more specifically.

"Hey guys." Chris whispered to us halfway through the movie.

We looked over and Abigail had fallen asleep laying on Chris's lap. Not letting Chris move.

"What do I do?" Chris asked.

We just shrugged. He gently picked her up and moved her. He then carried her to the extra room. He soon walked back out.

"I'm going to head home. Tell here I wish she has a good day at school tomorrow." He said. "Love you babe, bye." We gave each other a kiss and he left.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. He's going to be so good with kids someday. God. It then hit me. I gasped.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked.

"Abigail goes to a Catholic private school. And I don't have any 'gender appropriate' clothes to drop her off in." I began to panic.

"Hey, hey, calm down. You're gonna be fine. You're just gonna be in and out." Jenna assured.

"God, I sure hope so." I replied.

They soon left too. I cleaned everything up and went to bed.

The next morning I got up and got dresse. I tried to put on the most appropriate clothes that were clean. Damn, I need to do laundry.

I put on a light purple over sized hoodie with a skull on, black leggings, and sneakers. I did light makeup. I know I shouldn't wear any going to her school, but I feel naked without it.

I then walked out and made breakfast. I set her plate on the counter and then went to wake her up.

"Hey, it's time for school." She opened her eyes. "Get dressed then come out and eat breakfast. We don't want to be late for school."

I then walked back out. When she came out I saw the uniform she has to wear. I was disgusted. It was awful looking. She sat at one of the stools at rh counter to eat.

"Where's Chris?" She asked. I'm surprised she didn't ask about Alice and Jenna.

"He went home last night." I answered. "Y'know, you fell asleep on his lap last night."

"Can I tell you a secret?" She questioned. I nodded my head yes. "I wasn't sleeping. I was pretending."

"Why were you pretending?"

"Because Chris is like, really cute. And I wanted a reason for him to hold me."

"Well guess what, he's taken. So stop drollin' over my man." I chuckled. I found it hilarious how she has a crush on him.

We soon left for school. She sat in the backseat as I drove her to school. We ended up being 10 minutes late because I got lost. So I had to walked her into the office.

"Hello, I'm here to drop off Abigail Wright. She's in 1st grade. Apologies she's late, I got lost." I said.

"And who are you?" A woman questioned.

"I'm her uncle. She had to st-"

"Her uncle?" The I assume principal gasped. "Until she can be dropped off by a man who doesn't dress like a lady, we don't want her coming to this school." He declared. This is exactly what I was afraid of.