sick

We quickly went to the ER. I realized that I was panicking more than he was. We soon got a room.

He had to go get x-rays and so I stayed in the room waiting for him. His phone started to ring. It was his mom.

"Thai is Morgan." I answered his phone.

"Hey Morgan, where are you guys?"

"We're at the emergency room actually." I said.

"Oh my god! Is my baby okay!?"

"I-I don't know. We're here because he started coughing up blood. Right now he's getting x-rays."

"I'll be right there." She then hung up. I went back to panicking. He eventually came back into the room.

"Well be right back with your results." The doctor said. Chris sat on the bed looking down.

"Morgan... When they were taking the x-ray I noticed that they didn't have a good look on their faces." He told me. Before I could say anything his mom ran in. She hugged him tight.

"What happened!? Are you alright!? What did the doctors say!?"

"I don't know. They're gonna come back with the results soon." He responded.

I was fighting back tears already. The doctor soon came in. And sat down. He didn't have a good look on his face one bit.

"Mr. Rose..." The doctor sighed.

"Please just tell me what's wrong with me. Before my fiancé literally explodes from anticipation." Chris was clearly trying to lighten the mood a little. The doctor took a deep breath.

"You have lung cancer." His mom and I started to cry. But Chris... Didn't. "I'll give you all a second."

The doctor then walked out. Chris started getting dressed again. While his mom and I continued to cry.

"Why are y'all crying?" He asked.

"Because you have cancer! Didn't you hear him!?" I sobbed.

"I did hear him. And honestly, I'm not scared. I lived the life I wanted to." He began. "Yeah, I'm only 23. But I'm alright with this. I'd rather die young than die old."

"You're so selfish! How could you be like that!?" His mom hissed as she stomped out.

We were eventually allowed to leave. I didn't talk to him the whole car ride. He followed me up to my apartment. Even though I was still ignoring him.

"Look, I'm sorry Morgan. But it's just that I don't want to lie about how I feel about this."

"I know, and I don't want you to lie. But it just hurts knowing that you're gonna die soon."

"I know, but you gotta understand that the time was gonna come someday. It just happens to come earlier than we expected."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head okay.

"I'm gonna go home now cause I gotta feed Otto. Alright? I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. I love you, bye."

"Love you, bye."