Chapter 1: Tyson

Today is the last day I'm going to see this hide out. I'd lived with my family here all my life, but powerful Angels have found us and we have to move away now. Me, Tyson Wels, a demon. I never thought that would be a reality. But when I turned 10 my parents told me the family secret. And now, we're moving to Los Angeles. I think it's a horrible idea but no one ever listens to me.
"TY, GET IN HERE WE'RE LEAVING NOW!" Mum calls.
"Coming." I think. One of my abilities as a Demon is Telepathy. Speaking to other Demons, and even Angels with my mind is easy.
"Have you seen my DemonRing?" My brother asks. Jason has never been the best at taking care of his stuff, but he always looses his DemonRing, the source of our power.
"Why don't you shove it up your arse to keep track of it?" I glare at Jason. He was my older brother but he was more scared of me than he was of mum, and mum is horrifying.
"Shut up. MUM HAVE YOU SEEN MY DEMONR-"
Jason's DemonRing hits him hard in the face. He cries out and I laugh.
"Found it." I say. Another one of my powers is moving things with my mind. I inherited this talent from my mum, like my black hair. I had a stripe of white hair in my bangs that I got from my dad, who had been a Fallen Angel.
Mum calls again and I run to the car. "Why can't we just fly?" Jason asks.
"Do you WANT the Angels to find us?" I bark back.
"Tyson is completely right, we have to act human even if we are Demons." mum says.

•••

After 4 days of driving and flying, we reach our new house.
"This is it? I get the second largest room right? The room is in the basement?" I ask. Mum nods and Jason glares at me. I have always been mum's favorite child because of my incredible power, and I reminded her of dad.
I move my boxes to my room carefully and in less than 10 seconds everything is put away. I can thank my wonderful mum for having the power of moving things with my mind.
"Yep, human as f-" Jason starts.
"Finish that sentence and I'll take your DemonRing and shove it up your arse myself." I snap.
"Mum told me to tell you that we start school tomorrow. So get ready."
School already!? I hated high school even though this year was my third year. I was 17 in human years but 170 in demon years. "Ok." I think. I watch Jason leave and hope no angel appears at my school. I make sure I have my Arabelle blade sharpened and lye down. An Arabelle blade is a blade designed to kill both Angel and Demon.
I close my eyes and slowly drift off into darkness.