Flight

The second you took your phone off of airplane mode, the missed calls and texts flooded in.

Hotch

I told you to take Anderson.

I understand you need time, but racing out of state without warning isn't going to fix anything. It's reckless of you to go out on your own, especially at a time like this.

We'll be having a conversation about this when you get back.

Penny

Idk when u will see this but call me back ASAP

Do u want me to book a place for u in Phoenix?

Or a car?

I can handle ur tickets when u wanna fly back

Ily

Pls stay safe

Spencer

Emily is going to be out for a few days, but she's stable. I know you said I should stay with her, but Morgan has it covered. I'm heading over now, I'll be there soon

I just found your note. Where are you?

Please come home

Garcia said you're on a flight to Arizona

I would have come with you

Please call me when you land. I'm worried about you

Come home.

You sighed. You owed him that phone call, you knew you did. But you put it off, going to find a rental car instead. There were brochures lined across the wall, and without even looking, you picked one up.

Sedona. Apparently, the drive was only a few hours. Why not?

You sat down in the rental, throwing your bag into the passenger seat. You had no excuse not to call at this point. You knew Garcia was keeping an eye on you, on your phone and cards. She was bound to tell everyone else what you were up to anyways. They had to have known when your flight was going to land. You caught yourself looking at the clock, calculating the time difference before realizing that it was Spencer. He was going to stay up and wait however long it took because he had a really difficult time sleeping when he was upset or anxious. Just another selfish thing you did to him. With butterflies in your stomach, you picked up the phone and you called.

"Hello?" Spencer's worried voice sounded through the speaker.

"Hey."

Oh god, what was that in your throat? It felt like you were on the verge of tears and he had only said one word to you.

"Are you okay? Are you safe?"

"Yes, I'm safe, Spencer."

Saying his name just made it worse. You knew he could hear it in your voice, too.

"What's going on? You didn't even say goodbye, you just left. Garcia can get me a flight out there today, I can meet you. I don't want you to be alone right now."

"I need to be alone. That's why I left. I just can't do this. I thought I could, but I can't. I'm sorry for the trouble. There's no need to fly out here, I'll be back soon."