"This is all a bad dream"

Unedited**
*TW: this chapter contains violent manners and if you are easily triggered please skip*

Harrison's POV:

Her texting me is what wakes me up from my nap. She called earlier, and she seemed fine, telling me that Ev was going on a date. I assumed this text would be about him, but boy was I wrong.

Dickwad is staying in town for another week. He was supposed to leave tonight. And now he's at Luce's place. And I know we aren't together, and these past three weeks she's practically ignored me, but we have gotten closer I would think.

Which is better than whatever the hell we had before. She has told me that they are just friends, and after I punched the guy... well now I kind of  understand. But I can't help but to dislike the guy.

"You good man?" Jay's voice comes from above me. I groan and shake my head.

"Dickwad is staying in town for another week," I clarify since Jay is giving me this "what the hell happened?" look. He nods and walks over to his locker, and grabs his lab coat.

"That sucks, but i wouldn't worry about it," really Jay? You're supposed to be my support, to agree with me, bro code.

"He's been here for the past month, and he's staying at her fucking place tonight," I sit up off the couch.

Jay laughs, "Well calm down tiger it's only for tonight," I give him the middle finger and lay back down, "Just trust her. She's an honest girl, and dickwad told you that they weren't together. Now go back to whatever you're doing because you're fucking annoying when you are tired."

     He walks out the break room, leaving me to myself. He's right. I hate it. I just want to hate the guy, but Jay's right. They aren't a thing, so I shouldn't be worried.

I close my eyes, avoiding the thoughts of Luce and dickwad, hoping to get at least ten more minutes of sleep. Ten minutes my ass, as soon as I get to that stage of being asleep, but I'm kind of awake, my pager goes off.

Fuck me running.

—————-

Lucy's POV:
    We got back to mine and Ev's place about an hour ago and have been watching old episodes of  Kitchen Nightmares on Youtube. This is about all we do for the next two hours before Grant gets up yawing, causing me to yawn, and asks to take a shower. I get up as he makes his way to the bathroom, and go straight to the guest room.

I start straightening everything up AKA, shoving everything into the closet. I just started shoving onesies into the dresser when I hear loud knocking on the door.

    Everett's back? He told me he was staying the night with his date. I walk out of the bedroom, holding a onesie, and to the front door. The knocking continues as I yank open the door.

    "Ev what are you do-" I stop. Braden stands there, his eyes bloodshot, his clothes tattered and dirty. His skin is pale, his face is hollow. How is he here? I thought he was... My heart stops when I see it. He holds a pistol in his hand. Why does he have a gun? I need to get Grant or somebody. The baby. My hands unconsciously rest on my bump.

    "Braden, what are you doing?"

    "Luce," his voice is hoarse, "They're going to get me. T-they won't let me do anything,"