6 - stalker.

Elora's POV

I wake up a few hours earlier than I have to. My mind can't stop replaying the last night. I decide to get ready, and put effort into it.

I take a nice, long shower, shaving my legs and washing my hair and body with my best smelling soap. I dry off with a fluffy emerald green towel and get dressed into my uniform. I pull my hair back into a ponytail, letting it flow past my shoulders.

After I add mascara, eyeliner, and concealer to my face, I look at myself in the mirror.

Take a deep breath. I tell myself. Just get through the day without thinking about it.

I take my last deep breath and gather my books and items, before finally, heading downstairs.

The common room is empty and quiet, the only noise being the wind rustling against the window. I just now realize how early it is.

I slowly walk down the hallway, deciding to go study and read at the library for a bit before the breakfast feast. The soft clicks of my shoes are the only thing to be heard throughout the corridor. I make it to the library, using the Alohomora spell to unlock the door.

The room is dead silent, no soul in sight. I place myself in a chair between two of the closest bookshelves, pulling out my favorite herbology book.

After studying, I gather my things into my arms and stumble down to the Great Hall. I meet up with the trio.

"Good morning, Elora!" Harry says, very cheerful.

"Morning, guys!" I smile, sitting down next to Hermione.

The delicious breakfast feast appears. Later, everybody scatters to their first class, some rushing, some slowly stepping towards the classes.

One of the very different things from my old school and Hogwarts was the concept of lockers. Hogwarts doesn't have any, which was odd at first to me. It was definitely annoying over the first few weeks, but I got used to it.

————

After breakfast, I see the blonde haired boy heading to his first class. I catch up to him and pull him into an empty classroom.

"What the hell, Baxter? What do you want?" He snaps, annoyed by the action.

"You're seriously mad because I called you 'Draco'?" I ask, obviously confused.

He looks me straight in the eye.

"I'm not mad. I just don't want others to hear you call me that. Over the past years, I've grown a reputation at this school. I've never let anybody call me by my first name." He ends his rant.

"Why do you care so much about what others think, Malfoy." I respect his words.

"You don't understand, Baxter. You just don't."

And with that, the boy walks out of the classroom and down the hall.

Leaving me to deal with the confusion and frustration from our argument.

————

"Bloody hell, what's wrong, Elora? You haven't spoken a word the whole feast." Ronald exclaims, noticing my quietness.

"Just thinking. Nothing bad, don't worry." I force a light laugh, hoping they won't see through my lies.

"If you ever need to talk to any of us, we are all here." Hermione says softly, her warm eyes looking into mine.

"Us too." Fred and George say in sync, as if planned.

"Thank you guys, all of you." I smile. "I'll let you know if anything is wrong."

I finish eating whilst the twins explain the Marauder's Map. I am heavily invested in the topic, then George hands me the parchment.

"Now, remember what you must say for the map to reveal itself." He speaks eagerly.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." I say, clearly.

Moody, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present The Marauder's Map.

I open the folded map, seeing everything the twins were explaining.

"Now, remember what to say for the map to disappear." Fred says.

I point my wand.

"Mischief managed." I speak.

The group smiles and the twins tell me that I am allowed to keep the Marauder's Map.

I slide it into my pocket and raise myself to my feet, gliding out of the Hall.

Halfway back to my common room, I hear footsteps far behind me, echoing my own.

I spin around.

Nobody is there.

I hesitantly turn back, continuing forwards. Now with a new awoken fear of being followed, I speed my pace, briskly passing doors and occasionally other beings.

I open the doors to the common room and the footsteps fade. I shut the door, realizing who's now in the room with me.

Gazing into space through the fireplace, he snaps out of his trance when I shut the door. He looks straight at me and scoffs, sitting on the emerald green couch.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" Malfoy snarls, looking back at the fireplace.

"No, actually. You just told me that I 'don't understand.' Plus, I wasn't even planning on you being here." I say, annoyed and still slightly confused by earlier's events.

"Save it, Baxter."

"Excuse me?" I cross my arms across my chest, raising an eyebrow at the platinum blonde man.

"Save it. I saw the weaselbee twins give you the Marauder's Map. Good to know I have a stalker though." He smirks, looking back to me.

"You don't have a fucking stalker, get over yourself." I walk over to one of the sofa's nearby armchairs and sit.

Draco scoffs again, still annoyed.

"You'll never understand why I am the way that I am, Baxter." He states, holding eye contact. "You don't know me."

His cold, grey eyes stare into mine, still laced with the same blue pattern, mixed with light and dark shades of grey.

"Then let me. Let me know you, Malfoy." I softly say, not wanting to ruin his mood anymore than it already is.

"No. You're a mudblood and don't deserve to know someone as pure as my blood."

And with that he stands, breaks the long contact, and retreats to his dorm room, again leaving me frustrated.

When will this boy understand that getting to know someone isn't the end of the fucking world?

A/N - hiii i hope you guys are liking the book so far. im soo sorry that this chapter is so bad lmaoo i wrote it at 1am when i have to get up at 5:45 for school lolll okay byeee luv u :) please vote!