chapter twenty five

Vanessa's POV:

Spencer and I went to bed that night closer than ever. Confessing secrets, discussing dreams, peering into each others souls under dim candle light. Falling asleep in each other's arms with synchronized breathing and a melodic heartbeat. The happiest I've ever been in my life. The next morning was no different. I was confident, cheery, I felt like me again. And it felt so right, but better then right. It felt real. I was finally living the live I'd always wanted.

I flipped through the case file on the top of my clipboard, waiting for the DNA results of some skin found under a victims fingernails. I look over the file, back to my current case. Danny Yates, a seventeen year old. I took a moment in honor of Danny. Closing my eyes, and whispering.

"I'm sorry you're life came to an end this way, you will not be forgotten, rest in peace." Put on my face shield and glove up. Just as I reached for the scalpel. The computer sounded. I look over at it, seeing the DNA results were conclusive. I remove my equipment and walk to the monitor. "What the hell." I say under my breath. Re-reading the alert, looking back over my shoulder to Daniel.

I stride of the elevator onto the sixth floor, through the double doors, headed straight for Hotch's office. Dave noticed me first, making the team turn around.

"Hey Quinn, everything okay?" I blew passed him, up the steps of the railing.

"Thaaaaat, can't be good." Emily's voice carried behind me.

"Hotch." I walk into his office. "I found something in the DNA results of the Idaho case. The skin found under our second victim, Liza Silverstein's nails. It belongs to Danny Yates, a suicide victim."

"How is that possible?" He sat up, attentively.

"I'm not sure." It was almost a whisper. "But I know, my research is sound. I ran the test three times, and there's a scratch mark across Danny's left forearm." Hotch rose to his feet as I explained, walking out to the railing. I followed.

"Everyone in the round table room, now." I felt the teams eyes on me. Sharing a look with Spencer. After everyone loaded in, Hotch began. "Twelve hours ago the body of thirteen year old suicide victim Sean Alcove was found in Nevada. Next to our third victim, Gina Shumate." The promoter shifted showing the images of two bodies laid next to each other. Side by side, the female, headless.

"The suicide victims wrists were split just like Danny Yates." I pointed out.

"And traces of Sean Alcove was found under Gina's fingernails."

"Just like Liza and Danny.." Spencer said, eyes to me.

"These suicides are no suicides." I whispered.

"It seems like the victims head was cut with something. This guys defiantly not surgical or medical." JJ concurred scanning the file. I stood approaching the screen.

"Look at Sean's wrists." I pointed. "The skin isn't just sliced it's opened, and obdurate.

"Like the kind of ridges on a saw."

"I think we all know what this means." Rossi said delicately.

"Yes, we do. Nevada police department has already invited us in, and requested the help of our lead forensic medical examiner." The energy in the room shifted. "Garcia, help Quinn with a go bag. You're coming with us." I took a deep breath, shaken. "Wheels up in 30."