Chapter 1: Talk to Him

Monday Morning

The Martial Arts Club was in their club room practicing martial arts, except for Budo.

He told his club he was going to use the bathroom, but he just wanted to catch a look at "something".

He was gazing off into the courtyard where he was. Taro Yamada. A gentle, sweet, kind soul that had the eyes of an innocent, newborn bunny. He was sitting at the fountain reading a book while a gentle breeze was blowing through his raven locks. Budo's cheeks tinted pink as he watched Taro delicately turn the page of his book.

Budo wished to admire him longer, but he needed to get back to his club. He took one, last glance at Taro, sighed, and walked back to the club room.

Budo entered the club room to see Juku beating Shima in a sparring match. Mina smirked at Budo as she knew what he really left for.

"Enjoyed sightseeing, Casanova?" Mina giggled. Budo widened his eyes.

"Uh w-what are you talking a-about?" Budo was starting to sweat. Mina rolled her eyes.

"Enough hiding it, Budo. We all know you're pining over that boy in your class. Taro Yamada is his name, right?" Budo rubbed his hands through his hair as he knew there was no way of avoiding this. Juku noticed his leader's discomfort.

"Hey, we're not judging you, Budo. We're happy that you found someone that makes you happy." Juku smiled.

"In fact, I think you should talk to him!" Mina exclaimed. Budo felt his heart go into his throat. He started sweating more.

"I... I uh... I don't know... I'm not good at talking to the quiet, sensitive types." He rubbed the back of his neck. Mina walked up to him, and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. Just be yourself, Budo."

"What if he doesn't like me?" Budo frowned. Shima got up from the ground after being beaten by Juku in a sparring match.

"Come on, Budo, who doesn't like you? You're kind, strong, charming, and optimistic. Why would that boy not like you?"

"Well, what if he's not interested in men. I may be pining over someone who I never had a chance with to begin with."

"You won't know if you don't talk to him." Mina shrugged. Budo considered it a little longer until coming to a conclusion.

"Alright, I'll talk to him during lunch." He nodded.

"Wait, doesn't he hang around that ginger-haired girl at lunch?" Juku asked.

"Osana Najimi?" Mina responded. "Yeah, he does. But I'm sure he'll make time for you. After all, Osana's had him long enough." Mina winked at Budo.

"Plus, whenever I see them together, she's always so hostile towards him. I think it'll be a breath of fresh air for him to hang around someone who doesn't act like they want to punch him every time he speaks." Juku giggled.

Budo continued to smile as he thought about starting a relationship with Taro Yamada.