Chapter 14: Nosy Sister

Friday Night

Taro pulled up in front of the house next to Budo's. It was currently 9:30, curfew for Budo.

"Thanks for the date, Budo. This was nice." Taro blushed. Budo smiled and leaned in for one, last kiss before getting out of the car. He waved Taro goodbye as his boyfriend drove off. He sighed happily, and walked back to his house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taro reached his house, and pulled up into the driveway. Once he entered his house, he was greeted with Hanako sitting on the stairs, looking like she was ready to interrogate him.

"Um... hi, Hanako. Shouldn't you be in bed by now?" Taro asked.

Hanako hmphed; "I hope you had fun without me." Taro sighed, he was too tired to deal with his sister's jealousy right now.

"Who were you hanging out with anyway?" She asked.

"Just a few of my friends." Taro said as he walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Hanako stood up and followed him to the kitchen. "I don't believe that. First of all, you don't have friends. Second of all, you're face looks redder than usual."

"Ok, first of all, I do have friends. Does the name 'Osana' ring a bell? And secondly..." Taro hesitated before continuing. Is he so in love with Budo that he's still blushing from their date? "And secondly, I'm just tired from all the fun I had with my friends. That's all." He said as he poured a glass of water.

"Uh-huh... And who were these friends of yours? Were any of them girls besides Osana?"

"Well actually-"

"Actually, you're not good at making friends with boys. Which I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for me." Hanako interuppted.

"Well... goodnight, Hanako." Taro deadpanned as he walked to his bedroom.

"You're not off the hook, brother! I know your hiding something! It's probably a girlfriend, and you're going to replace me!" Hanako whined as she followed Taro up the stairs.

"Hanako!" Their mother whispered. "You're father is trying to sleep. Quiet! Oh, and welcome back, son. Had fun?"

"Yes, mom." Taro smiled as he walked into his bedroom, closing the door and locking it.

"He may've had too much fun..." Hanako thought as she pouted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday Morning

Taro was sitting in the kitchen eating his breakfast. Hanako watched him from the other room. She knew something was off. Her brother was hiding something, and she was going to find out what.

After Taro finished his breakfast, he put his dishes in the sink and went up to his room. He locked his door, knowing Hanako was being extra nosy.

Taro opened up his laptop to facetime Budo. He plugged in his headphones, and after a few rings, Budo answered the call.

"Hey you. Good morning." Budo smiled.

"Good morning. Listen... I think my sister is catching on." Taro whispered

"Really?"

"Yes. She's always been paranoid about me hanging out with friends, especially female, and now she thinks I'm hiding something. Which she's not wrong. It's just not any of her business."

"Do you plan to tell her?"

"Yes, of course. However, I don't want to upset her too much. She thinks I'm going to forget about her if I enter a relationship. I keep telling her it won't happen, but she's as stubborn as a mule."

Budo chuckled, "Well, unlike my dad, she has no authority to split us apart. Do you know how your parents will react to us?"

"I don't know. I just think they want me to find someone who can make me happy."

Hanako walked up to Taro's door, and leaned her ear against it. She barely heard her brother seemingly talking to someone.

"Of course you make me happy. I've never been more happy than I am with you." Hanako heard muffled Taro behind the door.

"Who is he talking to?! A girl?! No! He can't forget about me!" Hanako started freaking out.

She started banging on the door violently. "Big brother! Who are you talking to?! Don't forget about your little sister!"

"Shit!" Taro whispered under his breath.

"Better late than never, Taro. Let her know, and we can talk over Skype." Budo suggested.

"She'll never leave me alone. Alright." Taro stood up and opened the door for Hanako. She was glaring at him. "You're going to break my door down one day, sis."

Hanako walked in, and looked on Taro's computer to see him Skyping Budo. "Wait a second! That's the dude you invited to our house on Tuesday! What's going on, big brother?"

Taro closed the door, sat on the chair of his desk, and took the headphones out of the computer so Hanako could hear Budo. He took a deep breath. "The truth is Hanako. Budo and I are..."

"Together!" Budo spoke out from Taro's hesitation.

Hanako furrowed her brows; "I KNEW THIS GUY WAS SUPICIOUS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TAR- Hmfkfm!" Hanako muffled as Taro covered her mouth with his hand.

"Hanako, please! I don't want mom and dad to find out yet! Listen, I am not going to replace you, Hanako. I never will. You're my little sister. No boyfriend or girlfriend can ever replace. Ok?"

Hanako sniffled, "You promise?"

"I promise. As long as you promise to not tell anyone. Deal?"

"And you will still spend time with me?"

"Of course. In fact, Budo and I will sometimes bring you along when we go to town or something. If that's ok with Budo."

"Absolutely. Don't worry, Hanako. Taro won't forget you, and I will treat Taro well. Promise."

"You owe me something when we go to town together!"

Taro and Budo couldn't help but chuckle at Hanako's demand.