Chapter 13: The Secret Date Night

Note: Prepare for fangirling because this chapter is going to be full of cute Butaro moments!^-^

Friday Lunchtime

Taro and Budo were sitting on the roof eating their lunches together. Budo thought that today would be a perfect day for something special.

He turned to Taro; "So Taro..." Budo spoke. Taro looked at him. "Remember when we were in my club room on Wednesday?"

"And you told your club about us? Yeah, why?"

"Well, before they entered, I mentioned that we should have a date this week."

Taro's memory suddenly perked up, "Oh yeah, you did. Are you suggesting we have one tonight?"

"Y-Yeah. You know downtown is full of fun activities to do on Friday. So I was thinking tonight, we have a secret date there. What do you think?"

Taro smiled and leaned his head on Budo's shoulder, "Sounds good."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday Night

Budo was currently in his room getting ready for his and Taro's date. Unfortunately, his father wasn't allowing him to go anywhere, but Budo expected that. So he plans to leave his phone in his room then sneak out his bedroom window, so his father will never suspect a thing.

He told Taro to wear something casually nice, and he was expected to dress the same. He put on a grey t-shirt with a red flannel jacket over it, paired with nice jeans and black converse. Once he was dressed, he tidied up his hair, and grabbed a pocket knife on his dresser. He wasn't about to go in public without some weapon after what happened. Besides, he promised to protect Taro and that's what he was going to do.

After checking his hair for the millionth time, Taro's car pulled up in his neighborhood. Thankfully, Taro's parents were ok with him supposedly going to downtown with his friends, so he could take their car without any suspicion. The car parked in front of the house next door, and Budo quietly climbed down his window.

He safely reached the ground, hopped over his fence, and walked over to Taro's car. He entered to find Taro smiling at him. He smiled back.

"Ready?" Taro asked. Budo nodded.

Taro put the car in drive, and they drove off to downtown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were able to find a parking spot, and when they got out of the car, Budo got a full view of Taro in his casual clothes.

He was wearing a white tank top with a denim jacket, paired with black, skinny jeans and white sneakers. It was nice to see his boyfriend in casual clothes than those baggy uniforms.

"You look cute." Budo smiled.

Taro blushed and grabbed Budo's hand; "Thanks. Come on, let's find something to do."

The two walked around downtown to see any fun activities to do. Budo spotted a photo booth, and he and Taro walked over to it. The two boys sat down in one of the booths, and started taking silly pictures together. They giggled as they looked at their pictures.

"We're such dorks." Taro chuckled. Budo chuckled and kissed the side of Taro's head.

That's when Budo heard music in the distance. He grabbed Taro's hand, and brought him to the music. They saw it was a slow dance. Many couples were together, dancing in each other's arms. It gave Budo an idea.

Still holding Taro's hands, he brought him to the dance floor. Taro was a little embarrassed as he didn't like to be the center of attention and people were staring at him and Budo. Budo didn't seem to notice, and instead pulled Taro into a dance. He placed his hands on Taro's waist, and Taro moved his hands up to Budo's shoulders. Budo took one step, and Taro followed his lead.

The two were dancing slowly to the music, trying to ignore all the stares they're getting from people. Taro loved dancing with Budo, but still felt uncomfortable with the judgment looks they are receiving.

"Just ignore them. This is only between you and me, babe." Budo whispered into Taro's ear.

Taro looked behind Budo, and saw a lesbian couple dancing together. They were also getting weird looks, but it didn't matter to them. All that mattered was each other. Taro smiled and snuggled into Budo's shoulder, his arms now wrapped around his neck. Budo smiled and pulled Taro closer.

Nothing but each other mattered to them now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was later in the night, and Taro and Budo were in the park, laying on the grass and looking at the stars above.

"You know... looking at these stars... they just give me hope." Budo said.

Taro turned his head towards him, "What do you mean?"

"Well, despite my father saving my ass, which I will be forever grateful for, he still gets on my nerves. All he cares about is me being his 'protocol son'. He won't even accept same-gender relationships." Budo sighed. "Not to mention... someone is out to kill me, and someone may be stalking you. It's hard right now... but looking at these stars makes me forget about all that. All I see in these stars... is our future together." Budo turned his head towards Taro.

Taro blushed and moved to his side, resting his head on his arm. "How do you imagine our future, Budo?" He asked.

"Well, I imagine we'll live in a relativity, nice neighbor hood in a moderately, nice house. I'll have a job as a martial arts teacher, and... What is your dream job?" Budo unintentionally changed the subject.

Taro had to think about it for a moment. "I... don't know. I've always been into language and writing. So maybe a teacher in that subject or possibly a writer. I love writing stories, I'm just never confident people will like them."

Budo turned to his side and rested his head on his arm, looking at Taro. "You'll never know if you don't try. You should share your stories with me, and I'll be the judge if they're good enough to be public."

Taro giggled, and jokingly pushed Budo; "Don't go harsh on me, I only just started writing full stories. If we ever want to adopt kids, I will for sure tell them cute stories."

That sentence caught Budo off guard. "K-Kids? You... want to adopt?"

"Well... yeah. I've always wanted to be a father. I want to adopt at least 3. Is that ok with you?" Taro asked.

"Ye-Yes! I was going to mention children before I got distracted by asking what your dream job is. I would love to adopt children with you, Taro." Budo smiled. Taro smiled back.

Budo laid back down on his back, and motioned Taro to lay on his chest. As Taro relaxed on his chest, Budo rubbed his back while continuing to look at the stars.

"After college... I'll propose... and we can start this future together, love." Budo said.

Taro sat up face to face with Budo, and caressed the side of his face and kissed him; "Nothing will break us apart. I love you, Budo."

"I love you too..."