Chapter 20

We travelled for almost two and a half hours from Tagaytay to Manila. It's quarter to nine and we're currently on our way back to my office.

Medyo natagalan din ng onti yung byahe dahil sa dyahe ng rush hour, and mind you it wasn't very fun sitting with Kade in silence.

I still am kind of pissed at him, pero hindi ko maiwasang isipin ang mga ginawa namin ngayong araw. First, he picked me up from my office after weeks of not seeing each other. Second, he asked to court me. Third, dinala ako sa ancestral home niya in Tagaytay, and fourth!

Wala na. Wala na talaga.

His great grandmother, Don Emilio Salvador's mother, Esmeralda Madrigal--told me I was the first girl he ever brought to their home.

I was absolutely starstruck at that moment..

"Hija? Hindi pa ba kayo aalis?" Tanong pa ni Senyora. Kaya napatingin ako sa kaniya, slowly recovering from her sudden revelation.

"Po? A-ah alis na nga ho kami. Salamat po ulit Senyora." And then I turned around and slide inside the car's passenger seat.

Tahimik ako buong byahe. Mainly because, I was so stupid for making it such a big deal. Like heck! Who cares kung ako ang pangalawa o unang babaeng nadala niya doon?

Agh! See what I have to deal with in my mind for the entire trip?

"Isla, we're here." Blanko akong napatingin kay Kade, still drowned in my thoughts. It took me awhile to process na nandito na pala kami sa tapat ng building ng kumpanya.

"I, uhm. Thank you Kade. For taking me out--no! I mean, for allowing me to come with you to Tagaytay. Salamat." Shit! Ba't ako nauutal?

Kasalanan mo 'to Senyora Esmeralda!

"Alright, see you soon?"

I stared at him, slowly gripping the door handle to open it. I don't want to leave him satisfied with my reaction awhile ago!

Baka iisipin niyang nagseselos ako!

I breathed in and out, I loosened my grip at hinarap ulit siya.

"By the way, kanina. I'm sorry-"

"I know Gabbie, you don't need to say sorry." What?

"What do you mean you know?" He gulped and looked at me even more intensely, there was something about his look that was so gentle, yet so commanding and alluring at the same time.

He licked his lips and paused even more.

"Na ilang beses mo na palang inimbitahan ang mga babae mo dun kaya nasanay ka na na ganon yung reaksyon kapag bago?" I couldn't help myself.

He looked at me with his brows furrowed and looked down.

Ha! So tama nga ako? I'm not the first girl he brought there!

Pero pano yung sabi ni Senyora? I mean, maybe I was the first to go there na andon yung Senyora but not when she's not there.

How else would she know right?

I looked at him again, but this time he was biting his lips as if stifling a laugh.

What the-?