Chapter 12

«Gene»

The silence of the night is driving me crazy. Even the never ending ticking of my wall clock is making me go insane.

"Damn it! di ako makatulog." I whispered at myself as I toss and turn on my bed.

I sat up and turned my night light on to check on the necklace on the table beside my bed.

"Ranielle.."

Hindi nya ba nagustuhan yung gift ko? Siguro dapat relo na lang ang ibinigay ko o kaya bracelet. Yun kasi ang palagi kong nakikita na suot nya. But I want to give her something different. Something that'll remind her of me whenever she sees.

The thoughts of her won't make me sleep tonight. What did I do to make her act like that? Masungit sya. Pero, hindi nya ako ini-snob ng ganun. Ano bang nangyari? Sana malaman ko.

Siguro kailangan ko syang makausap. I really need her explanation. She even calls me "Sir" two times. Nakakapanibago diba? She never called me sir unless necessary and only when I remind her about it. 

I should deal with it tomorrow but for now, I better force myself to sleep.

"Good morning." I greeted the class as I went inside the room. Scanning the room for Ranielle. Daily routine ko na kasi yun ever since na naging student ko sya. But as I darted my eyes on Ranielle's seat. It was empty. Kung hindi ako nakatulog kagabi, mas lalong hindi ako makakatulog mamaya knowing that Ranielle didn't go to school today. Why? Did something happened to her? Is she that mad at me? Why is she absent? Mahal na mahal nun mag-aral kaya nakakatakang wala sya.

I can't concentrate. Ilang oras na kong ganito. What's wrong with me? I can't force myself to move.

I walked along the corridors and I smiled at every student that greeted me. But I was hoping to see Ranielle along this crowds. Maybe she just didn't attend my class. Okay na sa akin yun. I just need to see her today.

I went to the student government office. Dito ko kasi sya laging natatagpuan. Always busy with her laptop, typing and scheduling. She's always like that. Keeping herself busy. If you won't ask her. She won't speak. That's how she is when other people is involved. But she's really cheerful and funny once you get pass that masungit facade of hers. Mabait sya. But she always show that she's strong and doesn't need help from others. I know her though. I know that deep inside her. She wanted someone to help her. To keep her feet on the ground. And that's what I'm doing even though it annoys her.

"Good morning." I said as I went inside the organization's room.

I saw Drake and Tiffany along with other officers except Ranielle. Kaya pala ang dami nila dito kasi wala si Ranielle. Walang masungit na magbibigay ng trabaho sa kanila.

"Good morning sir." Tiffany greeted me cheerfully. 

I just smiled at her.

I saw Drake sitting on Ranielle's chair in front of a desk. He was holding a magazine in his hand. I can tell he's still unaware of Ranielle's wrath. Nevermind. He'll learn not to mess with Ranielle's things soon.

"I see you're still reading that magazine Drake." I said looking at Drake.

"Iba to sir. F.H.M. yung isa, eto Playboy." He explained still reading the magazine, but seriously malalagot nanaman sya kay Ranielle pag nakita nya yang magazine na yan. I would like to see that moment though.

I looked around the room to make sure that Ranielle isn't really here. She really skipped school?

"Ano pong kailangan nyo Sir?" Asked Tiffany.