Lander Oneshot (again, no title)

Zander POV

"Come on, we're almost there!"

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere I know you'll love."

I shook my head and chuckled. Luke could be so childish sometimes. But it wasn't like Milly's irritating immaturity, it was adorable, and it made me want to just squish his cheeks and get lost in his golden eyes. He was the only one that made me feel That. But I liked That.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," he let go of my hand so I could untie his scarf, which was wrapped around my head. The scarf fell away from my eyes, revealing the scene in front of me. "Sweet Mother of Rosy..." I whispered, captivated by the view.

Jake was lying dead in front of him-

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE STAND BY, THE AUTHOR WAS HAVING TOO MUCH FUN

The ground fell away abruptly in front of us, leading down to a small river rushing at the bottom. A railing kept people from falling over the edge, and I raced up to it, leaning over to better see the landscape. Maple trees dotted the slope, multi-colored leaves shaking in the wind. Lichen-covered boulders seemed to glow gold in the late afternoon light. Take that back, everything seemed to be glowing, a big, autumn-themed rainbow of red, orange, gold, brown, green, and even gray. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. I hadn't felt this free in forever. Luke put his hand on my shoulder, and I turned to look at him.

"So? Do you like it?" he asked. I scoffed, "No, I don't like it. I love it." He grinned widely, making me wonder how his cheeks didn't hurt. I guess if you smile a lot, it doesn't hurt as much. I wouldn't know.

"Zander?" the smile faltered from his face. Concern washed over me. "What is it, Luke?" I asked, worried about what he was going to say.

"Can we just... stay here? I don't want to go back," he studied his shoes. I managed a soft smile. "Of course we can stay. I don't want to go back either." I gave an evil glare to the path we came through. Luke laughed, a big, hearty laugh. (I swear that made me think of Luke being Santa Claus) "I don't think anyone wants to be back there right now." He was right. It was miserable over there. This was like a little retreat from the world.

Gazing into his perfect face gave me the sudden urge to get closer. I'm sure he felt it too, because he got closer as well. "Zander," he whispered. "Hm?" I responded, my eyes half-closed. "You know that I love you, right?"

"Of course I do, silly," I tilted my head up to look at him. He smiled softly and caressed my cheek. I parted my lips a little, leaning towards him expectantly.

Random lady: Hey you two, put your masks back on. Social distancing, smh

Zander: OH, SHUT UP

A/N: Huh. That's the first Lander fanfic I've written. wElP- (I have an obsession with making Zander say 'Sweet Mother of Rosy')