17

Flashback

Ever since Mackenzie has been living in the studio with Luke, he's noticed how she's been acting lately.

A lot of sleeping, not one break to go eat, and not too much talking. It breaks Luke's heart to see how school changed Kenzie. But, his song he wrote for her was finished and he really wanted to sing it to her.

"Kenz get up!" Luke said as he went to where Kenzie was laying down.

"Kenz please, I have something for you." Luke said, now Mackenzie got up.

She sat down on the couch and said "ok, what."

Luke smiled as he stood in front of the girl, his guitar in his hands. "I wrote you a song and I want you to hear it." Luke said, getting more nervous now.

Mackenzie blushed a little bit as a smile crept onto her face. Luke started to strum some notes on his guitar and began to sing.

"Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know
When I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I say" Luke began to sing, not breaking eye contact with Mackenzie.

"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah" Luke continued, making Mackenzie cry.

As Luke wrapped up the song a minute or two later, he set his guitar down and stood in front of the now standing Mackenzie.

Taking both of her hands, Luke looked to the girl and said "Kenz, I really need you to know that your perfect the way you are. Don't listen to what those kids say in school alright?"

Mackenzie bursted into tears and hugged Luke tightly. "T-thank you." She sobbed into his shoulder.

"Of course Kenz. Just know I'm here to talk if you need me alright. We make each other better." Luke said with a smile.

They each let go of the hug, there faces centimeters apart. Mackenzie looked into Luke's eyes, getting lost in them. It seemed like it was the same for Luke.

Slowly, they both leaned forwards and kissed. Something each of them secretly wanted to do for the longest time now.

They both pulled away with a small smile. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Luke admitted with a smile.

Mackenzies eyes went wide when she found this out. Her and all the boys grew up together, like they were all older brothers to her. But she always had a soft spot for Luke. She figured out she liked him in the eighth grade.

The two made their way to the couch, Mackenzie cuddling into Luke's side as he held an arm over her. "Your serious about wanting to kiss me?" She asked with a small smile.

"Y-yeah.. for a while now." Luke admitted. Mackenzie smiled at him and said "I've been waiting since the eighth grade."

Luke's eyes went wide. "Seriously? Why didn't you say anything?" He asked, Mackenzie laughing.

"Because I'm not exactly the one to just say 'hey I like you let's go out'." Mackenzie said with a small laugh.

"Well lucky for you, I know someone who is." Luke started to say, a small smirk forming on both of their faces.