Recovering

Mary's P.O.V. 

After being held hostage by Brad I had enough. I elbowed him in his spot and took his gun. Then ran to Daniel. He's the only one I trusted. I crumbled in his arms. He just held me. The boys came to me and gave me a group hug then left me and Daniel alone. 

Me: Please don't leave me again. 

Daniel: Never! Nothing could separate me from you!

I took this time to just be comfortable. Then a paramedic came to do an check up on me. Daniel had to leave so I was stiff the whole time. It took forever. 

Daniel's P.O.V. 

I had to leave for a paramedic to do a check up on Mary so I went over to the boys. 

Corbyn: I need to tell you something important. 

Me: Okay, sure. But be quick. 

Corbyn: In private. 

The other boys took this cue to leave. 

Me: What is it. 

Corbyn: It's about Mary.  

Me: What?

Corbyn: The day me and her went to my room to talk she told me how she felt about you. 

Me: How does she feel? * holding my breath *

Corbyn: She really likes you but thinks you don't feel the same way. 

Me: She likes me. Me! I'm so thankful. 

Corbyn: You've been worrying for nothing. But she made me promise not to tell you at that time. But it's later so technically I kept my promise. 

Me:  How do I make her think I like her?

Corbyn: You tell her the truth. 

Me: Okay. * sigh * I can do this. 

After a good hour for the check up I went over to Mary. 

Me: Hey Mary can I tell you something. 

Mary: Sure? * shaky breath *

Me: Mary from the day you saved my life to today I've had a big crush on you. I was afraid you say no to being friends. So I didn't ask you. I really like you and I wanted to tell you. But I was also afraid you had a boyfriend. I didn't ask because it's none of my beeswax but I really like you. I like you and I hope you feel the same way. I - I - I love you and would do anything for you. 

She smiled so big that the world wasn't big enough. Then she blushed so hard. 

Mary: Daniel, I know this is weird because a lot of girls like you but I love you too. I would do anything for which is why I got in front of you on the stage. I really liked you but felt I didn't deserve you. You deserve so much better than me and I understand that. But I really like you. I was so worried you had someone else so I didn't say anything. 

I was so touched by her little honest speech. 

Me: If anybody doesn't deserve anybody it's me. I don't deserve you but you deserve so much better. 

She came up to me and hugged me. 

Mary: I love you and yes you do deserve me!

I cupped her face and kissed her right there. In front of god and everybody. She kissed back. 

Me: Will you go out with me?

Mary then kissed me again. 

Me: I'll take that as a yes!

Mary: Yes you cute, talented, lovable, boy. 

I finally am going on a date with her. This time it won't be with guys with guns or anyone else though.