Aiz's love awakens chapter 22

A/N Time for Bete's fight.

Several of you have mentioned that your quite excited for this, both for the fight and how to redeem Bete as well. Bete is tough to write as a character. I hope it lives up to all your expectations. Enjoy!

Aiz love awakens chapter twenty two.

Aiz would remember the next six days as perhaps some of the happiest in her life. Even many years later, she would think back to this period of time with Bell, with glee. They learnt more about each other every day, every moment seemed to be a new discovery about each other. Bell had written a letter back to Finn accepting Bete's challenge and asked for the fight to be scheduled for the next Saturday at midday. As such Bell and Aiz spent the majority of the week in the dungeon together.

Sunday was always a day of rest and the Familia had hardly seen the couple all day. Bell briefly appeared dressed only in a dressing gown and slippers, at breakfast and lunch to take food back to his room. The pair spent the entire day in bed, enjoying each others company.

They had finally come down to join everyone for dinner. Hestia was rather insistent. The goddess of the home loved nothing more than a big Sunday meal with everyone together. Bell and Aiz had to admit that as much as they wanted to stay in bed together, it wouldn't do to miss the main meal of the week and they should at least show their faces for dinner, before returning back to Bell's bedroom immediately after.

The rest of the week was spent with the pair camped out on the fiftieth floor. Bell had never been that deep before, but none of it was a real challenge. He was level six after all, almost level seven from his maxed out stat's. Aiz couldn't quite believe how much he began to surpass her during that week. Watching him get used to his level up and seeing just how much stronger and faster he was now left her with a giddy feeling. Instead of Bell chasing after Aiz, it was the other way now. She had to chase him and try and keep up, but knowing about his skill now, she knew it would be almost impossible. All she could really do is try and support her hero on his journey. Still, she let herself feel a little bit of pride for both of them each time she noticed he'd improved. He was doing it all for her after all, striving to become the hero she needed so badly.

They would explore around the various floors around the safe zone of the fiftieth, returning there to camp each night. Bell was quite enjoying exploring the floors he'd never been to before and fighting new monsters. Aiz felt that he kinda looked like a tourist exploring Orario for the first time, his eyes were wide at the new sights in the dungeon and he had a happy grin on his face most of the time. So did she, it felt like they were dancing together.

In fact, that was pretty much how she always felt around Bell now they had come together, like they were dancing. It didn't matter if it was sparring, fighting together in the dungeon or making love, it felt to her like they never stopped dancing together. She had never been happier.

With their high status and almost uncanny ability to understand each other in combat, they had pushed themselves hard to see what they could take on as a couple. After a couple of days, mostly exploring the fortieth to fiftieth floor, they had decided to follow Bell's thoughts on skill training. The rest of the time had been spent on the fifty eighth floor killing Valgang Dragons. Bell had explained to Aiz that it was possible to grind certain skills and encourage their Falna's to develop them. Aiz had gotten rather excited at the possibility of of gaining Dragon Hunter as a development ability, so as soon as Bell had explained the concept, she'd practically dragged him along.

After a few hours on their first day that deep, Bell had realized that this was a perfect place to test out their Argonaut/Avenger combo at full power. As the floor was large and open, they wouldn't risk summoning a juggernaut as there wasn't much of the dungeon to destroy.