Chapter 23

A/N

Wow over 200 followers and favourites!? Amazing. Looking at the chapter stats, those are active accounts, whereas there are an average 600 views for each new chapter. Wow 600 people come and read this story. Thank you all so much!

Oh, HaydenOkayden. I was deeply touched by the comment you left of AO3, it's not often that something leaves me speechless, I am truly humbled by your kind words.

As we have reached a natural arc end before we start the next one, I thought I'd celebrate with an Omake chapter, I hope you enjoy.

Aiz Love Awakens Chapter 23

Omake 1: Bell returns from the dungeon after defeating Udaeus

BANG!

One of the double doors to the guild suddenly flew off of it's hinges, spun rather gracefully on a corner for a few moments before crashing to the floor with a clatter.

"Oops" Bell said as he leant on Aiz's shoulder, watching the door spin in fascination.

"Bell! You didn't have to kick the door!" Aiz tried to admonish him, but in his current dungeon drunk state, she knew full well her words would have no impact.

"But I'm using my good arm leaning on you. How else would I open the door?"

"Bell." Aiz said as she waved her free arm in front of his face. "I have two arm's you know."

"Oh." Bell looked at her hand with a confused expression.

"Come on, lets go see Eina and get this over with."

"Right." He said nodding to Aiz with a smile.

"EINA-SAN!" He called out at the top of his voice, looking around for the guild advisor.

Eina was currently gathering up a series of forms she had dropped in shock when the guild door had flown open with such a loud bang.

Looking up as she heard Bell call out her name, she saw him.

Bruised, exhausted and battered. He was leaning on Aiz's shoulder and had a spike running through him.

She dumped the forms on the counter next to her and marched over to Bell with an angry expression on her face.

"Bell Cranel! What do you think your doing?!" She hissed at him, through gritted teeth.

"I haven't seen you in weeks! Then suddenly your kicking off the door of the guild and coming here with.. Is that a spike through you?"

"Yeah, all the way, check it out." Bell replied and twisted so Eina could see the spike coming out of his shoulder blade.

She grabbed him by the ear and started dragging him to one of the private booths.

"You come with me right now Bell Cranel!"

Oh. She used his full name. He was in trouble now and he knew it. It felt like he was about to get a scolding from his mother, not that he knew what that was like, but the feeling of dread was the same.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow." He said in pretence, remembering his grandfathers words. "If a women is angry, you do everything you can to make them happy! If she says nothing is wrong, that means everything is wrong. When she says everything's wrong, it means everything's wrong. And when a woman says something isn't funny, you'd better not laugh your ass off!"

Of course, Bell was level five. He wouldn't even notice even if Eina had tried to rip his ear off, but a mixture of living with Hestia, his grandfathers and Aisha's training and knowing Aiz he knew damn well the best thing he could do was let Eina feel she was in control of the situation.