Chapter 17

A/N

Almost done with the Lefiya arc now, one more chapter concentrating on her to come, but Aiz will be back soon.

Aiz's love awakens chapter 17

"Bete, if we are going to do this, do you mind if I wear my helmet and gauntlets?" Lefiya asked. She was surprised her voice didn't crack a little at that moment. However she was doing her best to suppress her fear. She'd seen Bete in battle enough to know just how strong he was and he had recently levelled up to level six. She was acutely aware of how much difference there was between her and Bell, with Bete at level six she knew she was in for a rough time.

"Tsk, whatever." Bete said with a frown.

"Well, at least she's not a complete idiot." He thought to himself.

Lefiya jogged over to the table where she had left the rest of her armour and quickly strapped on the helmet and gauntlets. A moment later, she was standing back in the practice area ready to go.

"Are you both ready?" Finn asked as the two fighters lined up.

Lefiya gave a nod, the chain mail of her helmet jingling as she did.

Bete just rolled his eyes at Finn, looking like he wasn't taking the fight seriously, his hands still in his pockets in his usual 'I don't give a fuck' pose.

Lefiya gave him a short bow which he ignored and then:

"FIGHT!" Finn called out at the top of his voice.

Lefiya dropped into her fighting stance and started to circle Bete slowly, rather wary of the werewolf.

Bete however, just stood there waiting for the elf girl to attack. He didn't even turn to face her, just letting her circle him, confident that his speed out classed the girl and he would be able to intercept any attack that she could throw at him.

"C'mon weakling, show me what you got." He said in a bored fashion after Lefiya had circled around him once.

"Fine." Lefiya replied with a slight sigh.

She quickstepped forwards and threw a straight line punch right for his jaw.

Bete got the shock of a lifetime. He barely had a chance to react and it was only his level six speed that saved him from an instant knockout just like Rakata. Lefiya's fist had suddenly appeared in front of his eyes, forcing him to take a step back to avoid the blow.

Raising an eyebrow at Lefiya, he finally pulled his hands from his pockets and started to take her a little more seriously.

"Try that again."

"Not likely". Lefiya thought to herself. There was no way she would try the same move twice in a row with Bete. She wasn't stupid.

Instead she feinted the punch making it look like she was trying the same move, but at the same time her other fist came out aiming for Bete's gut.

Bete grabbed Lefiya's hand to block the punch coming for his face, entirely set on humiliating the girl, having caught her fist so easily. He smirked his success at the girl.

"OOOFF!" He exclaimed as Lefiya's fist hit him in the stomach, forcing him to step back.

"What the hell..." he muttered to himself wiping some spit from his chin. Loki Familia started applauding the elf girl. Not one of them had expected her to land a blow on Bete, everyone expecting the fight to be one sided. It wasn't powerful enough to actually hurt him though, despite Lefiya throwing the punch at her full strength.