Chapter 9

Hey All. Glad to be back. 7000 words in 7 hours. Not bad for a days work. Especially that this chapter took a lot of reading LN 13 and 14. Took me ages to find the name of the floor boss that Welf mentions.

I guess I should respond to reviews. First up, to you all. Thanks! Getting a review makes my day, even if its just a "good job". They really motivate me to write more.

Marshall Cross Marian, thanks for your kind words and your DM's.

Ca1piggy, Touhoufanatic, especially thank you. It's really nice that other authors are enjoying my work.

Chaz/Chaza, assuming your the same person. Well, your reviews are... passionate. I'm glad your enjoying it, I seem to have really spoken to you.

I decided to finally purchase the whole Danmachi series. Spent about £500, got most of it. Missing a couple of sword ortoria as Amazon is a pain. When you click on 'paperback' it randomly changes to the manga. So 7 and 9 I got the manga versions instead. Ho hum, I was gonna buy those anyway.

Some thoughts. Have you noticed my lemon scenes are rather gentle? I don't like to use vulgar language, so I think that's as hardcore as your gonna get from me. I more like to set things up so you can use your imagination after.

Next chapter: Bell and Aiz will get together finally. Loki and Hestia have planned a dinner ball for the familias.

After that, I think it will be a Lefiya chapter. I think I have worked out a good way to get her into the story and her dynamic with Bell in the LN's will be fun to play out. I have the chapter written in my head and I really enjoyed writing it. A lot actually, looking forward to writing it. Might be 3 chapters long, seeing how it will play out.

Chapter 9

Hestia thinks it's time for a break so she speaks up.

"Ryu thank you for sharing with us."

Ryu just nods in reply.

"Everyone, shall we take a short break? That was rather intense, we all need to calm down and I'm sure you all have questions for Ryu."

"That's a good idea Kami-sama." agrees Bell.

"I think ill need a strong drink to get through the next part, anyone else want a refill?" He stands and starts moving to the bar.

Welf also stands. "Ill give you a hand Bell." They both wander to the bar.

The barmaids are gathered around Ryu, most of them are crying. A mix of sadness at Ryu's tale but also some joy that she has trusted them and opened up. They all love Ryu, but she can be hard to be around. To see her smile and laugh brings joy to their hearts.

Aiz wanders over and sits next to Ryu on the sofa.

"Ryu, may I ask you a question?" She inquires.

Ryu just nods waiting for Aiz to speak.

"Do you still have the black flames of hatred in your heart?" She asks.

Ryu smiles and shakes her head.

"No Aiz. Not anymore. You will hear in the story we tell what he did for me." Ryu glances at Bell at the bar, who is bantering with Welf. She smiles at him.

"Bell saved me down there. Not just from death, but from myself. I didn't realize it until we got out of hospital, but Bell said something to me that day. When he said it, the black flames died. A new flame was born in my heart instead."