Aiz's love awakens chapter 27

A/N

Sorry for no chapter last weekend. Light Novel 15 arrived in my letterbox, so I was reading that. Looking at the stats, there are over one thousand regular readers of this story! That's utterly amazing, I'm actually lost for words. Thank you all so much!

Aiz's love awakens chapter 26

Emma yawned as she stepped out onto the training field that morning. She wasn't a morning person and still felt very groggy as she rubbed her eyes and stretched. She slapped her cheeks a few times to wake herself up. Training before breakfast. Uggh, she was not looking forward to it.

She'd been awoken by the sounds of Bell and Aiz going at it around five thirty that morning. Emma decided that being woken up to the explosive sound of two adventures sparring was not the best way to start the day. She sighed to herself at the unexpected awakening, at least however it was the sounds of battle, not the sounds she'd be warned about the night before.

As her eyes got used to the bright sunlight of the morning, she looked onto the training field and to her surprise, was actually able to see what Bell was doing. The previous day, she had only witnessed him battle without a Falna. Now her sense's were enhanced with a god's blessing and she could see the difference immediately.

After a few moments of watching Bell fight Aiz and Lefiya, who had arrived just a few minutes before Emma had stepped out of the house, she began to realize just how amazing Bell was.

He was currently fighting Aiz and Lefiya, who were teaming up on him. She'd missed Lefiya's entrance to the battle a few moments earlier. As soon as Lefiya had stepped foot in the grounds of the manor she'd charged straight at Bell with her sword drawn and immediately started chanting.

She watched in awe as the young man fought off his two opponents with ease.

It was at that moment that the truth, the consequences of her decision to join the Familia began to sink in. Hearing the tales told about Bell last night had been almost totally unbelievable. If it wasn't for the fact that she had witnessed Bell's fight with Bete and the subsequent one with Ottar, she would not have believed a word of it.

But as she watched, she began to understand. Bell was even more amazing than the rumours and the stories told. She had just began to realize just what might happen in her future. She wasn't sure how she should feel. Apprehensive? Out right terrified? If anything, she was a little hopeful, she wondered how much potential she had within her. Would she be a front line fighter like Bell? Perhaps she would get magic like Primo and Lefiya? What kind of weapon should she pick? And most importantly, just how much pain was she going to suffer through training? Bell was kind and gentle, she knew that, but witnessing the training yesterday was intense. She knew right now that Bell meant it when he said he would push them hard. If they wanted to keep up, they needed to be running already.

"Impressive sight isn't it?" Welf said as he came to stand next to the girl as she watched the fight.

"Intimidating." Emma responded giving Welf a smile.

"Ha! Yeah, when I met Bell, he was already level two. Even then he was scary fast. Our first day in the dungeon... Well, lets just say I was impressed."

"I..." Emma was about to say something when Primo came bouncing out of the house. As usual Primo was full of energy. It didn't help that she was really excited to begin her first day as a proper Familia member.

"GOOD MORNING!" She shouted out with glee.

"Good morning Primo" Emma gave the girl a hug. Emma and Primo had only met by coincidence a few weeks earlier. Both tried to apply to a Familia at the same time, both being rejected. Brought together by their despair of rejection, they had become fast friends in the last few weeks.