Chapter 5

Hey. I said this chapter would be long, so I have split it into two parts.

This chapter is just AizXBell as will be the next chapter. As we know from the LN Bell and Aiz have not really spoken in 2 months and I really think the following chapter is how Bell would tell his story and explain himself to Aiz. These are conversations that Bell and Aiz really need to have. There is some hurt and misunderstanding the two need to clear up. I keep finding Haruhime writing the story for me. None of Haruhimes advice was planned for this chapter at all. She wrote that bath scene whispering it into my ear. For those wondering how things will work out for Aiz and Bell, well, I'm trying some foreshadowing in those early chapters to guide Aiz to make a decision later on. Can you work out what she's going to ask Bell? There are few mentions from the second chapter onward that hint where we are going. Sixth chapter will be perhaps late tonight, but most likely tomorrow evening. The chapter is planned but it's going to be a difficult write. I honestly feel that Bell has not really confronted the horror of what he went through on the 37th floor and I want to explore that.

Enjoy!

chapter 5

The date

Wednesday 6am

It's an overcast morning in Orario. Bell and Aiz meet at the fountain at 6am as agreed, both arriving at the same time. They are dressed in their battle gear, as would be expected for a dungeon date. A supporter wouldn't be welcome obviously, so Bell is carrying a traditional picnic basket. The contents are covered by a red and white checkered cloth. Yes, Bell is following his training and trying to make an effort for Aiz. As well as the food in the basket he has a blanket in his backpack and is even carrying a small vase and has a bunch of flowers wrapped up in paper strapped to his backpack. Today, he is Mr Romance and will try his best to make her happy.

They greet, kiss and knowing that Aiz is a girl of little conversation he, takes her hand and says "Off we go then!" and leads her into the dungeon.

His confident move make's Aiz smile.

It feels good to let him take charge and lead her. Until now, her life has mostly been the opposite.

She follows him filled with glee.

It would take most adventures three quarters of a day to get to the 18th floor and that was on a good day. Bell and Aiz smashed their way through in 3 hours. Sticking to the main route and using their speed to avoid confronting anything that wasn't directly in front of them. As for anything they did encounter, this was the lower levels. Bell was level 5 and Aiz was level 6. Anything before the 19th floor was child's play to them. They just steam rolled their way through the upper floors. Their rapid progress shocked many lower level adventures as the stormed past. Cries of "Damn first class adventures, you scared the crap out of me" and "What was that? I saw a green flash, then Ill swear I saw a rabbit?" echoed as the passed.

They hit the 17th floor just after 9am.

Checking the foreboding wall, they saw Goliath was ready to spawn.

They looked at each other and grinned.

"You go for the head, keep him distracted, Ill take out the legs." Bell said.

"Yes" Aiz agreed in her usual stoic manner.

"WAKE UP GOLIATH!" Bell shouted.

The wall cracked in response. The cracks rapidly spread and the 8 meter tall Goliath started to pull his way out of the wall. As his head appeared, he roared.

Bell looked at Aiz. "Ready for this my princess?"

"Yes, my rabbit hero." She looked back.

Nicknames. Their relationship was progressing. Haruhime would be pleased if she knew.