The Wedding

It was time for Isabeau and I to leave to Idris for out wedding. I was nervous, but Izzy and Alec were there to put me at ease. We arrived and Isabeau's family were there to greet her. They seemed nice and it appears they do love her very much. Imogen was also there and gave me an awkward hug. She is really trying to act like a grandmother but it is hard for me to adjust to it. Isabeau took me by my arm and pulled me towards her family."Mother, father, this is Jace Herondale. These are my parents and my brothers, Lucian, Robert, and Matthew.""Nice to meet all of you." Isabeau has talked so much about you.""Hopeful, she said nice things about us.", Matthew winked at Isabeau."Of course, dear brother. What kind of sister would I be if I talk bad about you?""Well, it was nice meeting all of you but my grandmother is waiting for me. I need to go to her manor and get settled in. Isabeau, I will meet you at dinner time?""Yes, of course. It will be at our home in honor of our engagement.""Then I will see you then."I held her in my arms and kissed her softly on the lips. She parted from me hesitantly but I nodded for her to go with her family. Imogen grabbed my arm as she lead me to a horse drawn carriage that would take us to Herondale Manor. Imogen showed me to my room and I laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling. In a few days it will be my wedding, but I don't know why my thoughts have gone back to Clary. Why is she on my mind? I thought that falling for Isabeau erased all my thoughts of her, but she just popped back into my mind. Why do I feel right now like if I am cheating on Clary but at the same time, I am cheating on Isabeau with thoughts of Clary? I am such a mess and don't know if I can pull this off without losing my mind. After all Clary made her choice of leaving me without fighting for me. I need to let go and go on with how my relationship with Isabeau is going right now. I do have feelings for her, it feels like love. This feelings for Isabeau have to be set free if I am going to continue to have a normal life again. I got up and went to take a shower to get ready for dinner with Isabeau and her family. I decided to take one of the horses from the stable and rode off to Dragonway Manor. It was not as large as the Herondale Manor but came close. I tied the horse to a tree and went to knock on the door. Matthew answered the door and invited me in. He walked me to the large living room where most of the family were sitting in conversation. Mr. Dragonway came and shook my hand in greeting and asked if I wanted a drink which I agreed to. I needed one at this moment since we were all here to talk about our wedding."Nice to see you again Jace. How about a drink?""Yes, thank you.""Isabeau will be done in a few minutes. You know how women are when it comes to dressing up for an occasion.""I do not mind. I enjoy it very much to see Isabeau dressed up. Isabeau finally joined us. When I looked at her, she was breathtaking. She had a green dress on that reached mid-thigh and hugged all her curves. She smelled like roses and freesias. She came straight to me and I could not help myself so I put my arm around her waist and pecked her on the lips. Isabeau smiled at me and leaned into me."Hi Jace. I missed you today.""I missed you too, but now I am here for you."At this time Mrs. Dragonway announced that dinner was ready. I held Isabeau's hand as we walked to the dinning room. Dinner was great and we had small talk at the dinner table getting to know each other. Then the question that had everyone curious came up."So, Jace, is it true that when Imogen talked to you about this marriage arrangement, was on the day you broke up with your long standing girlfriend?I looked at the Dragonways and swallowed hard. I knew that this question would eventually come up and I am going to be as honest as I can giving them an answer."Yes, we broke up that day, but it was not because of this arrangement. We had been growing apart and when I asked her to marry me, she said no for her own reasons. When Imogen told me about this arrangement, I did go ask Clary again to marry me and she turned my proposal down again. This time she finally broke up with me. I was devastated because we have been through hell in the five years of our relationship and I always thought we would marry and have a family. Apparently it is not what she wanted so she left without goodbyes or telling anyone where she was going. I decided to honor my family's wish to go through with this arrangement, but in the last three weeks, Isabeau has made my feelings stir in a way I did not seem possible. We have grown close and I am doing my best to make this relationship work.""I have to admire you, Jace, because it is hard for Nephilim to love someone else when they have found the one for them, but I see you are different.""I guess I am."Dinner was finished and we went back to the living room to talk about the wedding. It looks like everything was already taken care of except for my tuxedo which needed to be fitted. Our wedding was in three days and that is all that was talked about in Alicante. Isabeau and I decided to go out for a walk by ourselves. Honestly, I was looking forward of being alone with her. We walked into the garden and the moon was beginning to rise. We stopped next to a bench but instead of sitting, I took Isabeau into my arms and kissed her. She moved closer to me and deepened the kiss. She parted her lips waiting for me to enter her mouth with my tongue and moaned when I did. I pulled away because we were days away from out wedding and had plenty of time to catch up to our separation. To be honest, I am looking forward having her in my arms and in my bed again. They day had arrived and it was our wedding day. I was very nervous and I am so glad that Alec was by my side since he was my sugene. "Jace, breathe. You are going to be alright. I think once you see Isabeau you will stop being nervous. She is not Clary, but she is also wonderful. She is good for you."

"I know, you do not have to remind me. She is not Clary, but honestly, Alec, she has won my heart. We have to go on with our lives no matter what has happened in our past. We need to get to the hall. I can not be late for my own wedding."

We walked to the hall and took our places. A few minutes later music started and Izzy walked down the aisle holding a pillow that contained Isabeau's stele and whatever gift she had for me. Alec held a pillow with my stele and my gift. When I looked up the aisle again, I see Mr. Dragonway with Isabeau holding his arm. She was absolutely beautiful and when she looked up and saw me, she smiled. Alec was right because my nerves were steady and I was standing proud of my beautiful bride. The Silent Brother performed the ceremony and we exchanged our wedding runes and our gifts to each other. After the ceremony, we were off to the reception. Everyone was congratulating us as soon as we made our entrance. The music played for our first dance. I took her in my arms and started to dance. "You look absolutely stunning in your dress." She danced with her father and brothers the same way I dance with my family. Then is was time for us to get ready for our honeymoon trip.

"I am so excited Jace! Where are we going?"

"You will see when we get there. Have a little patience."

"I guess I should. Sorry."

Magnus opened up a portal and I held our bags and held onto Isabeau as we walked to the portal and into the lobby of the hotel we were going to stay in. We were in Athens, Greece. I did not want to take her to Paris or Prague because those where places that were significant to Clary. This was a new life and a new woman in my life and I wanted everything to be different for us. We checked into the hotel and then went to our room. There were flowers and champagne waiting for us. I poured some champagne and we went out into the balcony. The sight of the Mediterranean Sea was absolutely beautiful but not as beautiful as Isabeau is right at this moment. I put our glasses down and took her into my arms and kissed her. I swooped her into my arms and carried her into our room. I kissed her again taking her mouth with mine, running my tongue along her lips making her moan. Out clothes started dropping to the floor until we were skin to skin. We ended up in the bed and I took her like my life depended on it. Our bodies were in rhythm just like our heartbeats until there was nothing but a great explosion that rocked our bodies together in sync. We laid in each other's arms and drifted off to sleep from exhaustion. This was the first night of the rest of my new life with my wife, Isabeau.