The Other Weasley Twins: Chapter 5

Chapter 5
@jkficz

Ginny POV

The next morning, I go down to breakfast right away. Normally I wait for Ev but today I was too hungry. Yesterday wiped me out. I don't even know why because we didn't really do anything.

I start to eat with Ella and Ember and a few minutes later Ev appears. I scoot down to make room for them and they start to eat too.

After a while, Harry enters the great hall with Hermione and Ron. I feel my face turn red. They sit down across from us and we talk for a bit about last night.

Suddenly, a bunch of owls flies into the room.

"Mail!" We all cry happily. Ev and I wrote to Mum and Dad yesterday telling them that we got in Gryffindor.
"Uh oh," I hear. I look across the table where Ron has a bright red envelope in his hand.

"Look, everybody! Weasley's got himself a Howler!" A second-year boy shouts. I think his name is Dean Thomas.

Ron looks scared. He should be. I know who that howler is from. Mum. And she is not going to be happy with him.

"Go on Ron," Ev says smirking a little.

"I ignored one from my Gran once," another second-year boy says. Neville is it? "It was horrible." He shudders. Ron shakily opens the envelope.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR!" My mother's angry voice burst out. "I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" Ron's face is hilarious. Ev is trying to hold her laughs but she's not doing a great job of it. I am too but in my head.

"Oh and Ginny and Ev dears. Congratulations on making Gryffindor." I feel my face burn red. I look over at Ev and she's smiling proudly. That's the real difference between me and Ev.

The envelope sticks its "tongue" out at Ron and rips itself into many pieces.

The whole great hall erupts in laughter. I didn't realize that it had gone quiet. Ron has gone pale.

"Great job Weaselbee!" I hear. I look over to see the same guy that we saw at Flourish and Botts. What was his name? Oh yeah. It was Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy," Ev hisses from beside me. I shoot her a look.

"Don't," I say. She tears her narrowed eyes away and looks at me.

"Fine. Later then," I shake my head. We go to our classes. I really like all of my teachers. Except for one. Professor Snape. He's kinda creepy. Professor Lockhart was okay. I hope he will be better. I was expecting a lot but didn't get a lot.

At the end of the day, I'm exhausted and go to bed early.