The Other Weasley Twins: Chapter 8

Chapter 8
@jkficz

Eva POV

Ginny and I were "studying" in the courtyard when we see Harry and the Gryffindor Quidditch team come out. At the same time, the Slytherin team does too. The captain hands Oliver Wood (our captain) a slip of paper. Oliver reads it out loud. We are barely close enough to hear what the says.

"I, Severus Snape, hereby give the Slytherin team permission to use the Quidditch pitch in order to train their new seeker." Oliver hands the piece of paper back to the captain. "You've got a new seeker? Who?" he asks. He sounds irritated. The Slytherin team parts and I see Malfoy standing there.

"Malfoy?" Harry asks in surprise.

"That's right," He says smugly.

"Uh, oh," I hear from behind me. "I smell trouble." I turn around and see Ron and Mione getting up from a bench and heading toward us. I stand up with Ginny and join Ron and Mione. We stand there with the Gryffindor team.

"That's not all that's new this year," Malfoy continues. He and his team swing their broomsticks around showing off. We all look at them in awe.
"Those are Nimbus 2001s. Where'd you get those?" Ron asks.

"A gift from Draco's father," the captain says. Mione and Ron look disgusted. I imagine my face looks the same.

"See Weasleys. Unlike some, my father can afford the best," Malfoy boasts. Anger boils in me. I'm about to say something but Mione beats me to it.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent."

Nice one, Mione! Draco turns to her and scowls.

"No one asked your opinion," he growls. "You filthy little Mudblood." Ginny gasps. I narrow my eyes and clench my fists. Mione's face still faces his, her face glowing with fury.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy," my brother says taking out his broken wand.

"No!" Ginny and I shout at him. I try to slap his wand down. It doesn't work.

"Eat slugs!" Ron yells. The spell backfires and Ron goes flying. Harry, Mione, Ginny, and I immediately rush to his side. Oliver and the other Gryffindors on the team do too.

"Are you okay, Ron?" asks Mione worriedly. Ron gets up slowly. "Say something!" Mione commands.

Instead of saying something, Ron turns around and vomits a slug into the grass.

"Wow!" someone says. I look up to see Colin Creevy, a boy in Gryffindor, a first-year like us, push his way through holding his camera. He is always holding his camera. "Can you turn him around, Harry?" I heard that he was obsessed with Harry.

"No!" Harry says taking one of Ron's arms. Mione takes the other.

"Get out of the way Colin!" I say, pushing him aside.

"Let's take him to Hagrid's," Harry suggests, looking flustered. Ron vomits another slug. "He'll know what to do."

When we arrive at Hagrids, Hagrid gets Ron a bucket. Hagrid makes a disgusted face as Ron vomits many many slugs into the bucket.

"Better out than in," he says. "Who was Ron trying to curse anyway?" Hagrid asks.

"Malfoy," Harry, Ginny, and I all say at the same time. Hagrid nods.

"He called Hermione a...Well, I don't know exactly what it means," Harry continues. Mione gets up, still upset.

"He called her a Mudblood," I tell Hagrid.

"He did not!" Hagrid gasps.

"What's a Mudblood?" asks Harry, still sitting beside Ron, clearly confused. I hit him on the shoulder. Ginny hits me on the shoulder in return. Mione whirls around. She still looks angry.

"It means dirty blood. A mudblood is a really foul name for someone who is muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like Mione." I pause. Mione looks angry. Not at Harry, I hope.

"It's not a term you would usually hear during civilized conversations," Ginny says, looking down at her shoes.

"See the thing is Harry," Hagrid says. "There are some wizards, like the Malfoy family, who think that they're better than everybody else because they are what they call pureblood."

"That's horrible!" Harry exclaims. Ron vomits another slug. Harry pats him on the back.

"It's disgusting," Ron comments. I scrunch up my nose in disgust and look away from Ron.

"And it's codswallop," Hagrid continues. "Dirty blood. Why there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half blood or less. More to the point, to yet think of a spell that our Hermione can't do."

Mione smiles a little at this.

"Come here," Hagrid says holding out his hand. Mione takes it and Hagrid pats it. "Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute."

Mione's eyes are filled with tears but her lips quirk up a little at this. Ginny and I take Mione back to the dorm reassuring her.

Ron stays with Hagrid a little bit more making sure that all the slugs came out. Harry had to go back to the Quidditch team.