The Other Weasley Twins: Chapter 7

Chapter 7
@jkficz

Ginny POV

"What!?" I ask.

"I told you I have to show you something," my twin answers, dragging me to our dorm.

"Hinkipink," she says and the moment the portrait opens, I'm dragged through.

"What is it?" I ask exasperated. "Ev!"

"Look," she says. She pulls out an old book. I sigh. "No, really, watch." She writes Hi Tom. I'm back and I brought my twin sister too. Her name is Ginny. I watch and slowly my sister's handwriting fades. Underneath I see new handwriting with new words. Hi Ginny. I'm Tom Riddle.

"Cool right?" Ev asks me.

"Yea," I say. "And weird. Where'd ya get that?"

"I dunno," she shrugs. "Fell outa my textbook."

"Lemme try," I tell her. She scotches over and I start to write. How are you, Tom?  We wait and soon the answer comes. Good. And you two?

"Say great," Ev directs me. I dip the will into the inkpot and write Great. Thanks for asking. The writing disappears. We wait but nothing appears.

"That's weird," I say.

"Maybe you have to ask a question?" Ev suggests.

"I dunno, " I reply. A moment later the words Tell me about yourselves pop up. I look at Ev. She takes the quill and starts to write.

We are the youngest Weasleys. We are identical twins. Our Mum and Dad are Molly and Arthur Weasley. Dad works at the ministry. We have 6 other siblings, two of which are also twins. Bill is the oldest, then Charlie, then Percy, then Fred and George (the other twins), then Ron, then us. Ginny is older by 7 minutes. We are both in Gryffindor. We are the only girls in our family besides Mum and we are some of the first Weasley girls who were born into the Weasley family in a while. The rest were married in. We live in a burrow. Charlie works in Romania. He works with dragons. Bill doesn't work near here either. Percy is a Gryffindor Head Boy like Bill and Charlie both were.

Ev has to flip to the next page to continue.

All of the Weasleys have flaming red hair. We are also purebloods but we don't think much about it. I think that's about it. Tell us about yourself, Tom.

"Wow. You wrote a lot there Ev," I notice. She nods and waits for his response.

Well, I am a Half-blood. My mother was a witch but my father was not. I was sent to a muggle orphanage after my mother died and my father left us. I too attended Hogwarts. I was put into Slytherin. Everybody there told me that blood was important and I believed them so to this day that I what I believe. I had plain brown hair and no other siblings much less a twin. I am a parseltongue which means that I can speak to snakes. It's not a very common gift even for wizards. I think that is all. By the way, you didn't mention a boyfriend or crush. Wanna tell me about that? Wink Wink.

My eyebrows shoot up along with Evs at this last part. Ev quickly starts to write before I have a chance to open my mouth.

Well, I think that Ginny over here has a crush. And a big one. A crush on...Harry Potter. Me? I don't have anyone special. It's okay though. I can concentrate on Ginny and Harry. They sound good together right?

I hit Ev on the shoulder. Hard. I glare at her. I'm just glad that Ella and Ember aren't here to see this.

Yes they do. Tom writes back.

"What is this!?!" I ask her in surprise. I gesture wildly at the page.

"Well you do!" She says with a smug look on her face. I feel my face turn red.

"Well, I think you have a crush on..." I hesitate. I'm not very good at comebacks. Not like Ev. Not yet.

"Come on Gin," she says more gently. "Admit it. I'm your twin. You can't hide anything from me."

"Alright," I say. "Maybe just a little." Ev gives me a look that says really? "Yes! It's just a tiny crush."

"Can I tell Mione?" Ev blurts out. She has a habit of blurting things out. Sometimes she just can't help herself. I sigh. "Sorry. I don't have to." She says.

"Just..." I hesitate. "Wait a little longer. Okay? Then you can tell her." I sigh.

"Deal!" Ev smiles.