Chapter 15: The Halloween Chronicles

A/N: This will feel like filler, but trust me, some of this is stuff you actually need to know, lol. Enjoy!

I would like to take this moment to interrupt my regularly-scheduled diary ranting in order to bring you...

THE HALLOWEEN PARTY CHRONICLES

...because this is all anybody cares about at Hogwarts right now, in light of the upcoming Halloween party the Marauders are planning.

Thanks to the overload of couples breaking up, coming together, or fumbling about around Hogwarts, all anyone can talk about is who is going with who to the Gryffindor Halloween party hosted by the Marauders.

People from other houses desperately want to go, but they need Gryffindor escorts to take them, or they are not allowed in. Plus, the boys have introduced an entry fee to cover their costs, so there's a lot of "I-need-money-now" schemes rampaging through the castle, as if the overcharged hormones aren't enough.

Being socially deprived of anything worthy anyway, I have decided that, for the next few days, I shall dedicate my diary to the various relationships being made and broken as we speak. Much of my information shall stem from Alice, who for some reason gets way more gossip than I do.

Here we go.

October 23

Sean asked Adrianna, whom everyone knows he secretly has sort of a thing for. His brother, Robert, whom everyone knows also has a secret sort of thing for Adrianna, is stark raving mad about the whole ordeal. Everyone is pending Adrianna's answer.

Molly Peterson, James's last girlfriend of sixth year, is planning on asking Black, but everyone knows he's going to say no. You can't just date your best friend's ex's – that's so not right. And Black hasn't been in the dating game since third year, when his relationship with Jennifer Hartley fell apart quite nastily, which makes it unlikely he'll go with anyone at all.

George Westrom asked out Emma Bell – which is significant because Emma is more high-society and George is more nerd-society. This sort of an invitation never really ends well, but Emma said she'd get back to him, which probably means he's been declined, but she's doing it nicely.

Peter Pettigrew, being one of the four hosts, is currently in search for a date. It is said his eye is on the beautiful Ashley Ray, but he hasn't asked her yet. More on that when I get information.

Remus Lupin, in the meantime, is steadfastly avoiding invitations to the party, although he's received a fair amount. Some are whispering that he's got someone in mind that he's working up the nerve to ask. I think that's adorable, personally. Remus is one of the nicest guys I know – he could easily get anyone he wanted. I hope he does.

October 24

Adrianna, wanting to avoid fuss, has declined Sean to the dance. She is not going with anybody; but everyone knows she likes him and would go, if Robert hadn't fancied her too.

Emma Bell has not yet answered George Westrom's invitation. She has one more day in which to do so before she looks like a hag for making him wait so long to hear her say no. There are lots of ears trained on hearing the outcome of this one.

Peter Pettigrew is still on the prowl. I hear Tiffany Oscarson asked him out during breakfast, but Tiffany asks everyone out, so this could still be myth. More on this when I get it.

No word yet on Remus. No word yet on James, either, come to think of it. I wonder who he's going to take. Must ask him during patrol later tonight.

October 25

Emma Bell has spoken. She would love to go to the dance with George. This surprised a great many people – myself included – but I mean, this could still be out of pity. Emma's a nice girl and it is very possible that she's only doing this because she doesn't want to look like a bitch for declining poor George, who is widely well-liked. I dunno. We'll have to wait until after the dance to see where they go.