Friendly Relations

"Hey where do you want me to put this?" Connor points over to the kitchen counter and smiles. I open up the box and take out the detergents then put them under the sink. Once I've taken out all of the items in the box, I collapse it and toss it in a pile with the others. I pick up a second box labeled linens and carry it to the bathroom for Connor to go through. I walk out into the livingroom glancing over to the clock and realize that Connor and I were meeting Joey for lunch in a few minutes. "Connor it's almost 1:00 we should probably start to head out." "Alright let me finish putting away these last few things from the box and I'll grab my keys." I turn off the music playing and slip on my shoes. Connor grabs his keys off the table and we both get into the car.

"I would like a cappuccino with two shots espresso and the chicken salad please." The waitress writes down Connor's order and then mine and Joey's. I ordered a kale and pear smoothie and a filet mignon steak and so did Joey.

"So what time do you want me to be at your house on Saturday for the party?" Joey asks. "The party starts at 6:00, but you can be there at any time after. It's just a small gathering with some friends to welcome them to my house." Connor replies taking a bite out of his chicken salad.

"I'll see you later. Thanks for the fun afternoon." I say to Connor as I get out of the car to go to my apartment. I unlock the door and walk inside dropping my purse on the tile floor and kicking off my shoes. I take my hair out of the messy bun it's been in all day and turn on the hot water to the shower. I grab my phone and put on some music from my Spotify playlist and hop into the shower.

I slip on my flamingo knee high socks, an oversized t-shirt along with my mesh shorts. I plop down onto my bed and turn the TV on to Netflix and watch American Horror Story. As I drift asleep I get a text from Andrea saying

"Hey, Sierra! Even though it's like 12:00, I have an emergency. I need ice cream. Will you come over in say five minutes and go with me to get some? Jenn is coming as well." I reply

"Yeah I'll be over." I turn the TV off, throw on my bath robe and get in my car. Half asleep I knock on Andrea's apartment door and I walk lazily back to the car. We drive a few miles to the store and get a tub of ice cream to share and some ice cream bars. We go through the McDonald's drive through and pick up so McDouble cheeseburgers and munch on them on the way back to Andrea's apartment.

Once back at the apartment, Jenn grabs three spoons and Andrea puts in a romantic movie for us to watch. I had to get up to get a tissue box because I started to tear up a little during a sad scene. I really am a sucker for romantics.

It was 2:00 in the morning when the movie was finally over and Jenn had fallen asleep. Andrea was still awake though eating the last of the ice cream in the tub. I told her that I was going to head back home and I'd see her for lunch tomorrow.