What Just Happened?

"I am literally dying right now." I tell Kian. "Why?" He asks. "Well considering I just blew up 50 balloons, I'm pretty out of breath." "Ha yeah true, but we only have about ten more to go." "You can go ahead and do those I'm going to get a drink of water." I tell him standing up from the slouched position I was in. "Will you get me some water?" He asks tying a balloon. "Yeah sure." I respond opening the cabinet. "So it's only 7:30 and we'll be done before then, what would you want to do in the meantime?" "I really just want to hang out, but I don't know to be honest. It's your house." "How about what we did in the old times." "In the old times, we made out and had sex every other day. I'm assuming you already knew that I wouldn't want to do that again." "Ha no that's not what I meant." In that moment I felt really awkward and embarrassed. I regretted saying that, but I kind of thought that's what he meant. "Ok so what do you mean?" I ask handing him his drink and sitting down. "I mean having our deep conversations and all the times we laughed at the stupid things we did and yes maybe a little bit of kissing, but I get it we're just friends." "Thank you. Yeah I guess I miss the deep conversations and all of our jokes. Remember BOOGALIWOOGALI and THE CAT IS IN THE TREE?" Kian starts cracking up. "Yes of course I remember. I've had some of the best moments with you." He tells me getting a little quieter. "Why are you getting quiet?" I whisper. "Because nobody else needs to know about these moments but us right?" "Yes I suppose, but it's not like any of this is a secret." Kian leans over to me. The door bell rings and Ricky answers the door. Kian kisses my lips and Chris stands there looking at us.