It Is Good To Help

"We're going now."

"So now you're the one who wants to live spontaneously."

"Yes now let's go. We are doing good things. Trust me it will be fun." I drag him into the food pantry and we talk to the man in charge. He had a thick brown mustache and a deep voice. He said

"You both will be working as servers. Here are your gloves and aprins. The ladies back there will explain to you what each person will get. Now have fun."

"He was kind of rude." Chris says.

"Shutup. He is probably stressed out with all of these homeless people here. It's not so bad. Now lighten up."

The ladies behind the counter greet us with kind words and handshakes.

"See Chris, not everyone here is rude." He nudges me and says "Yeah, yeah you're right."

"So if it is a family of over four, you will give them this box." She points over to a large box full of cans and some pastries.

"And if it is one person, you will give them this box." She points to a smaller box with some of the same items in it.

"Thank you."

"We also have some semi-fresh fruits and vegetables and if they give you a ticket, then they are qualified to pick and choose one fruit and one vegetable."

"Thank you, you are very helpful. By the way I'm Sierra and this is my boyfriend Chris."

"It is a pleasure to meet you." She says. "My name is Diane."

"It is also very nice to meet you." I reply with a smile.