~Storm~

The sun rays dance across my face, as the cool summer breeze brush across my skin

I was in relax mode after a big fight between now my Ex boyfriend Over a stupid decision he wanted to make.

Typical guys right?.

Just as I put down my cup of Dr Pepper, my phone began to go off like crazy.

Ignoring the first call, I laid back a little Lower in my chair when the phone went off for the third time.

Damn can't y'all see I'm trying to be anti social

Grabbing my phone, I read the id to see my best friend Chanel face on the screen.

Rolling my eyes I hit answer.

" i just wanted to see how you was holding up since— you know" she said as I watch her sort her makeup kit.

" ugh please I'm fine. If anything he don't know what he lost, beside I can finally focus on me" I replied back.

Sitting up in my seat, I shoved my head into the palm of my right hand.

" what are you doing today beside playing in your makeup" I laugh as she flicked her middle finger in the camera.

" if you must know I'm getting ready for my dads stupid business party" she took in a deep breath. "he decided to have it at the house without even asking me first.

" your piece of work girl"

She smirk " yeah I know. But anywho let me finished getting right and I'll call you back if I found a man after this party"

We laugh and ended our FaceTime call.

That's exactly what I needed was a good laugh from a good friend while I was dealing with this breakup.

Grabbing my things I went back into the house where I found my mom fixing some coffee.

" don't you get tired of drinking that nasty coffee mom?" I asked

She gave me this look she does before tending back to her drink.

" and don't you get tired of wearing clothes that don't come pass your belly button and knees" she cameback.

I placed my hand on my chest as if that was a low blow.

"Wow mom" I giggle.  " now that was just crucial"

" I'm sorry baby I'm just stressed with the project I'm working with at the job. it's taking a toll on me"

" I see"  I said pushing off the kitchen counter while tapping my phone onto my hand.

She slid me a bottle of water and place a notepad in front of me.

" okay you know the deal no company unless you ask, and if there's any emergency the numbers are—

" on the notepad, yes mom I know. Go enjoy your day at work"

She grin as she grab her folders off the table and place a kiss on my forehead

" love you" she yelled rushing out the doors.

Sitting in the chair I began twirling myself around.

" yeah, love you too".

***

Rolling over In my bed a feeling kept coming over me as if something wasn't right.

It was ten thirty at night, and my mother normally scrolls in smelling like alcohol from the bar after winning a case.

But this particular night was different.

Not trying to think anything bad I forced myself to close my eyes hoping I would smell that alcohol that was on my mother from a hug she gives me.

That was letting me know she made it back safely. Was it risky? hell yeah, but she's been doing it for a while now.

Two hours pass without that smell and I was starting to get worry.

Now In a bit of a panic mode, I got up throwing on a pair of sweats and a sweater, and made my way down the hall.

" mom" I called out

The house was a pinch black color but that soon change when I turn on the living room light.

" mom you home?" I Didn't bother checking her bedroom because she normally keeps her door closed if she made it back.

Instead it was wide open and the cold breeze push out making it known she haven't been in there since she left this morning.

My knees dip into the couch as I was now looking out the window to see only the concert and no car in sight.

Looking at the clock that's now reading one in the morning I was getting nervous, and trying not to have an anxiety attack.

No somethings not right

Reaching for my phone I tried calling to her job where I was getting no answers from anyone.

I then tried her cell which kept going straight to voicemail and I tried my mother's business partner Naveen but no answer.

Quickly putting my shoes on I ran for the door when my phone ring.

Without hesitation I answer it to hear the voice of a man that did not sound familiar.

" he...hello?" I stuttered.

" hi this officer brown may I speak to storm Lyles.

Taking a deep gulp I knew this wasn't good.

" this is she, where's my mom?" I got right to the question.

" im sorry to tell you this but your mother was in a terrible accident if you or someone you know can bring you to....."

Everything zoom out before I felt my hand grab my chest and my body hitting the ground.

" hello storm, storm ? Okay hold on im sending units your way ma'am"

~ This can't be happening~