Time Moves On

Laura and Adas friendship has blossomed over the next few weeks, they go shopping together and spend as much time as they have free going places and having a laugh. They stay most nights after Laura's shift in the pub. They drink and dance together, no men involved.

The girls have decided they will rent a small place together so they have their own freedom to do as they please, they can have all nighters if they wish, dance around in their nightgowns or drink all day.

Laura has very few possessions so it's an easy move for her from her mother's house. Ada was bringing the bulk of the furniture and things they needed. Laura was off work so what better time for them to make the move into their new digs. At about 12 that day John Shleby and Arthur Shelby arrived in to help with the move. They cracked open a bottle of whisky at 4 after finishing up and decided to get sloshed to celebrate.

At 8 that evening more of the Shelby gang arrived to have a look at the new place, Polly was very impressed and gave the girls some wine as a housewarming gift.
Tommy arrived too, Laura was happy to see him but too shy to approach him, he just had this aura about him that made it feel impossible. He was the most gorgeous man she had ever seen in her life, more than that she felt like when their eyes met she recognised something in him, like she had met her match.
He was wrapped around one of Ada's friends, it hurt her heart a bit to see him being all over a woman, but she knew deep down, it just wasn't in the cards with her and Tommy. He is too messed up and she wouldn't know how to handle someone like him.

The group of well wishers dragged the girls down to The Garrison for more booze and dancing. Laura linked arms with Ada and Polly and set off for the pub, the three women sang a song and everyone was in great form.
The night was young and it was time to have a party, Shelby style.

**Please vote and comment something**