Tit For Tat

*Laura's POV*

We walk into the pub, it's buzzing with people as usual. Arthur, Polly and Ada are all sitting in the usual spot. We join them and John gets a bottle of champagne for the table. "By order of the fucking Peaky Blinders" he says as he pops the Cork, everyone let's out a big CHEERS and drink their bubbles.
John is on a high and acting the big man, I can hear him bragging to Arthur about the date and the restaurant.
Time for me to go for a smoke, I excuse myself and Ada askes if I want company, I tell her no, I need some air and won't be long.

***********************************
I'm standing outside inhaling my 2nd fag, chain smoking and shivering in the cold air, I like John, I like kissing John, but I can't get stupid Tommy from my head.
I'm standing alone outside the pub, my mind is off somewhere, I can hear giggling suddenly coming from the alley way behind me, I have a sneaky look down to see what's going on. Anything to take my mind off my dates brother.

It's Tommy, (I should have guessed) and he's got his lips all over another woman, they stop kissing and start heading towards the pub... There's no way they've seen me...its too dark... . I run back up to the pub and in the door, thinking I'm not caught.

I shove my way to the bar and say to Harry "HIDE ME". I don't want to see him right now. Harry let's me in behind the bar to the keg storage,

"Why are you such a peeping Tom Laura.. How many times have you been caught staring at this man now, and this time it wasn't even on purpose, just being a nosey cow" I stand in the back muttering this shit under my breath to myself.

I light up another fag and turn around to walk out to the bar, once again, there stands Tommy. "Fuck Tommy, you've a habit of just appearing when my back is turned. How long have you been standing there?"
"Long enough" Tommy says. His electric eyes looking amused.
"Look I'm sorry, I wasn't spying on you, I couldnt care less what you were doing, I just heard a noise in the alley and had a look." I blurted out in what must have sounded like double Dutch, "I'm not a mental case, I look like I've lost my mind, sorry. " I suck my teeth and look at him waiting for him to say something.
Slowly he walks to me, I'm backing away, kind of afraid this man will threaten me, he may think I'm watching him for someone, I can't walk back any further, my back hits the stone wall.
" How was your date?" I can smell him, smell his breath, smell his clean skin, he's making my head spin. He puts his hand up to my face and rubs his thumb across my cheek "don't be scared of me, let's just be friends if you're going to be fucking my brother ay? " he says, his voice low and raspy.
He backs away and walks to the bar, leaving me confused, then he pokes his head around the door and says "come on and have a drink with the family"

** vote.. comment**