Love/Hate

According to Ada there is a lot of shit going down with the Peaky Blinders, I tell her I "couldn't care less" my stomach churning in knots all the while.
"I'm going to speak about them Laura, They are my brothers, even though they are messed up."
"I know Ada, I love you, thank you for everything."

My face is almost all healed up and I have to go back to work tomorrow, back to seeing those shits again. Whiskey drinking shits.
Over the past week John has sent many roses, Arthur has sent me a supply of smokes and Tommy has sent whiskey.
I can feel my resolve slipping, I want to be angry with them all and never speak to them again, but how will that be possible, I'm going to have to serve the fuckers tomorrow....

*********************************

"Harry, I'm back, did ya miss me?" I get right back to work.. Harry making sure I don't over do it, is sweet, but I just want to get back to normal.

It's 11pm, and my first shift is over, no Shelby in sight, am I disappointed... I sit at the bar and sip on a glass of wine, there is a few old lads sitting at a table singing old songs, songs they sang when at war.
I get to my feet and join them, I begin to sing "I am stretched on your grave" a sombre song and everyone is quiet and listening to me sing.

As I sing all I can see is piercing icy blue eyes, my eyes are shut, then I see his face clearly, his lips his jaw, his beauty

As I sing all I can see is piercing icy blue eyes, my eyes are shut, then I see his face clearly, his lips his jaw, his beauty. A single tear rolls down my cheek as I sing the final chords.
"I'm in trouble" I whisper to myself.

*********************************

*Tommy's POV*
I'm standing in the stockroom behind the bar, the perks of being a Blinder. She doesn't know I'm here. I've arrived in the back door. I need to figure out how to show her I'm sorry. I drain my whiskey glass.
I light up a cigarette and hear the saddest, most beautiful sounds being sung. My head snaps around to the back entrance to the bar,

I stand hidden by the door, there she is, singing like an angel, her eyes closed and her soul bared for everyone to see

What was she thinking, what was behind her closed lids, could she ever forgive me?
Her song ends and our eyes meet, they are a golden brown colour, I've never noticed before, a tear rolls down her face.
She looks away and darts out of the bar.
I grab my coat, throw down my cigarette and go after her.

*** how hot is that gif ***