Life

**Two months later**

John and his new wife Esme seem very happy, Laura wasn't invited to the wedding, she understood why, and her connection to John was broken.
They've been in the pub when she was working a few times and John just gave her a nod, it's enough to know hes happy, she doesn't need to be his best friend.
She was very happy for John, she still adored the boy. She knew something went down on John's wedding day but she refused to get involved in any of the Peaky Blinders buisness. All she knew was the Shleby boys were OK. She felt like Tommy made a point of marrying off John, maybe so he would forget about Laura, his heart could heal and love someone new.

Her friendship with Tommy was, nonexistent, even after he asked could they be friends.
She loved him from afar, she heard the rumours about him and many women in Birmingham. She had to let that stuff slide and try move on. When her eyes locked with his, she still felt a surge through her body, her pulse would quicken and her cheeks would flush. He knew how he made her feel. He just didn't care..... Or so she thought.

Out of all the shelby men Arthur was the only one who had a real closeness with Laura. He would walk her home from work after he has his few drinks, he felt like she was another sister to him and they spent time together with Ada in the girls home. She would let him sleep on the sofa on nights whe she had to escort him home in his drunken state.
When the Blinders were in for their few drinks he would meet her in the store room for a smoke and keep her mind off the others.
There was a big race coming up, the brothers had a horse in it, and he wanted her to accompany him, "arm candy" was how he described her. He bought her a new expensive dress and she wasn't to look at it until the day of the race. He presented her with a small black box, in it, a dainty silver chain with a single diamond on it. He wanted her to feel special and cheer her up. "You will look like the princess you are darlin'"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
**Arthur's POV**

"Hey brother, all set for tomorrow's big race?"
"Yeah Tom, got me a piece of arm candy and all."
"Haha, poor girl, is she prepared for you if we have a winner, I'm glad we're staying in the hotel, don't have to listen to her screaming" he laughs heartily.
"Well she does know me pretty well, I'm taking Laura." Arthur says, waiting to see his reaction, knowing full well he would never fuck the girl.
"Fair enough" Tommy says, lights up a smoke and walks away, his face like thunder.
---------------------------------------------------------

**My story isn't in line with the Peaky Blinders show, I know that, I'm just writing this as I LOVE the characters.
I hope you are safe and well and looking after yourselves in this weird time of lockdowns. This app, reading and writing has helped occupy my brain. I hope, whoever you are, you're enjoying reading my story and staying safe.. ❤️**