A Day At The races

*Lauras POV*

It's racing day, I'm all dressed up, my beautiful red dress drops to the floor, it has a slit all the way up my thigh, my hair is scooped up, around my delicate neck I have a small silver chain. My lips are painted rouge and I have the tallest silver shoes on.
Walking down the stairs I see everyone bustling out of the front door.
Arthur stands at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me, a smile crossed his mouth, his eyes light up, as I get to the bottom of the stairs I take his arm and he leads me out to the car.
Ada climbs in ahead of me, she looks breathtaking too, I'm glad she's here, she's my comfort blanket, my person.

The car ride is an hour, he makes Ada and me laugh the whole way, telling us stories of his antics with his brothers as a kid. I talk about my family, about work... I tell him what happened between John and me. The way he blew up at me for walking home with Tommy.
"I'm not blind Laura, I know you're in love with Tommy, John told me too... He was devistated"
"Please don't tell Tommy Arthur, he needs to figure it out himself, and if not... Well..I don't know"
"Move on, that's what, you will need to move on because Tommy is all kinds of screwed up."

********************************
We arrive at the races, Arthur takes me to get a drink, "whiskey and a glass of white for the lady"
Once our drinks are served Arthur leaves, "I have to go find the boys, I promise you a dance later if you like." I am left to find Ada and Polly. Walking through the crowd looking for the women, I run into Alfie Solomons.
"Well hello beautiful, no Shelby on your arm today dear?"
"Afraid not handsome, Arthur has ditched me to go find his brothers, and I've not gotten any other offers either" I wink at him.
"I'm here now, fucking Shelby men haven't a brain cell between them, leaving a girl looking like you alone"
"All the more for me" he grins.
I've known Alfie a while now. He's cheeky and fun.
We walk to the barrier and look out to the field, he's laying the charm on thick.
His hand is on the small of my back and he's leaning in close to her body, telling her how good she looks. "Let me show you a good time, let me make your body feel good."
The sexual tension makes me tingle where his hand is placed on my back.
He goes in for a kiss, I turn my face and his lips liss my cheek. He lingers there for a few seconds and he pulls away.
This is not the place to be even speaking to a man, people are already talking about me breaking John's heart, I'm not letting them call me a whore too.
"I've got to go sweetheart, bets to be made and all." he gives my hand a squeeze and heads off in the other direction. I watch him leave, I see Tommy heading into the bar. He doesn't notice me, he's too excited looking, they must have done well in a race.

**********************************

I walk in to the bar, I can see them sitting at a big table at the back, John's gaze is focused on me, his mouth hanging open he stops mid sentence, the brothers follow his line of sight.....

Our eyes meet, blue on brown, he stands up and walks over to me, my gaze is on the floor, I haven't been this close to Tommy in ages

"Come and dance with me" it's a command, not a question. He takes my hand and leads me.
His hand slips down to the small of my back, his eyes are on my face. The warmth of his body radiates mine.
"You are the most breathtakingly beautiful girl in here today, but you already know that don't you!"
"It's still nice to be told" I laugh lightly.
Our dance ends and we separate, I walk out for air, my head is spinning from his scent. He follows behind me. He's taking out his cigarettes and offers me one.
We smoke in silence, I stamp out my fag, he comes up behind me, so silent I didn't notice, my eyes close as he says
"Dont speak, don't move, just let me try this.."
He walks slowly around to face me.
Tommy is breathing heavy, his eyes flicking from my eyes to my red lipped mouth, I'm trembling, my knees feel weak. His hand touches my cheek, then down onto my neck, my eyes spring open, he holds me lightly there and places his lips on mine, they are soft and wet, his tongue runs along my parted lips and I suck hs bottom lip. Our tongues and lips move in perfect time, slow. The sexual feelings are rising up in my body, between my legs is a raging heat and tingling sensation, my heart could burst, there's fireworks going off in my head.
We pull away, panting, he's staring into my eyes,
"We're leaving"
"Where"
"Hotel, come on"