10. we'll be okay

tw! slightly graphic depictions of noncon, graphic description of a panic attack

please do not read if this will send you into a spiral, make you panic, or stress you out. it's the last thing i intend to do with my write, hurt people, and i don't want anyone to feel that way. 

i received a request for a comfort one with a panic attack, and this is where my writing went... not sure how to feel, but here i am posting it anyways

relationship: established relationship with vinne

 music was pounding, the bass of some classic college party song vibrated up your legs, making you slightly unsteady on your feet. a cup was grasped in your left hand, your right hip jabbing into the person's next to you, and you weren't sure where your friends or your boyfriend had disappeared to. at that thought, you focused on getting out of the crowd in the stuffy living room, hoping to find some fresh air along the way.

"'scuse me, pardon me," you mumbled, pushing your way past sweaty bodies and clouded minds, yours not much better than anyone else's. once you'd escaped the crowd, you followed a dark hallway illuminated with red LED light strips lining the corners to the kitchen, where your friend was standing, perched up on the counter with her boyfriend bracketing her in.

"oh my god, y/n!" your best friend, maddy, squealed, jumping down from the counter to meet you in a sloppy hug, spilling the contents in her cup. "where have you been, babe? jordan and i were just talkin' bout you." she booped your nose with her pointer finger, and you were amused by her state of what looked like one-too-many drinks.

"what she means to say," jordan pulled maddy back against his chest to keep her from throwing her limbs anywhere on accident, "is that vinnie and i went looking for you about ten minutes ago. are you good?" he asked, giving you simple once over as his own analysis.

"no, yeah, i'm totally good." you felt buzzed, that was for sure, but you were nowhere near maddie's depth under the influence. "not really sure how i ended up on the dance floor, but i'm here now, so," you shrugged, and jordan laughed at your words.

"very, very true. v's over in the other living area thingy, probably still looking for you if you wanna head that way." you nodded and thanked him, dropping a quick kiss to maddy's cheek before leaving in the direction jordan pointed you in.

spotting the auburn curls from a mile away, you followed them through the few people scattered around on the room and saw that he was talking to some of his friends, with what you could decipher as a concerned look on his face. once you reached him, you tapped on his shoulder, watching him turn to meet your gaze, relief flooding through him.

"there you are," he breathed in your head after pulling you into a tight hug, clutching you to his chest. "i couldn't find you, and jordan couldn't either, and we didn't know-- where did you even go?" he pulled back from the embrace to look at you, bringing his hand to gently brush your hair out of your face.

"i was in the living room, on the dance floor." you swayed lightly on your feet, and vinnie moved his hand around your waist to help steady you. "not sure how i got there, but--" you hiccuped gently, " i'm here now, with you." you smiled wide at his now amused look, and he took a moment to glance over you to make sure you were okay for himself.

"how much have you had, baby?" he gestured to the drink in your hand. you giggled and shook your head, because you definitely didn't know how much you'd had to drink.

"maybe three? i'm not too sure..." you trailed off, vinnie's rings on his fingers taking more interest than this conversation. he smiled at your actions, letting you twist them and rearrange them in the way that you liked, and insisted he keep.