Part 9-Feelings

In the stadium, you turned into a cat. Being the cat you were, you slept through all the rest of the big, important battles that you definitely should have been watching. It was becoming a real problem. You woke to someone shouting your name. Denki. He was pointing down at the stage. Hitoshi was on a pedastol, with a gold #1 medal on his neck. Had he won the whole thing, and you were asleep for most of it?! No way! You would have to go watch the news later to see how he did it. He was looking at the crowd as if looking for something. Maybe his parents were here. You transform back into a human, and smile and cheer for him. The noises of the crowd was nearly as deafening as Present Mic's commentary. He looked at you and waved. And smiled. A real smile. He never did that. Sure, he smirked, sometimes, but nothing like this. It made you feel happy too. It was so heartwarming. You waved enthusiastically back at him. Bakugou was frowning. How could he? He had gotten second place. That means Hitoshi had to fight Bakugou. Wow.

The next few days passed in a blur. You had gotten quite a few of internship opportunities. Hitoshi did too. You looked over them at lunch with him. His mood had drastically improved from when you had first met him. He was pretty happy most of the time. You often met up with him after school. Right now, both of you looked over the intership forms at your house. "Hitoshi... are we friends?" You ask. What a little kid thing to ask. Your'e sure there was a better way you could have phrased that. Also, he was at your house. And you always sat together. Why would he be here if he did not want to be friends? He stared at you with an unusual expression. "Wha-what do you mean? What else would we be? That's what you want us to be, right?" A slight blush was on his face, but you could not tell. "It was a dumb question." You reply. What did he mean by that? It was supposed to be a simple yes or no answer. Did he not want to be your friend? He hadn't even really answered, he just challenged your question with another. Before you had a chance to say anything, Hitoshi got up and left. You guess he didn't want to be friends. Neither of you talked to each other after that incident for a week. 

Hitoshi's Point of View (POV):

Startled by their question, I make up a dumb generic excuse and leave on my bike. The wind on my face almost made me forget my worries. Almost. Darn. That could have been- was my chance. Were they asking if I wanted to be more than friends? Or simply if I was their friend? I must have let them down, and seemed like an a**hole not  answering the question. Were they mad at me now? I run my fingers down my hair in frustration. Were they perhaps asking if I wanted to be their boyfriend? How would I feel about that? Something near my stomach throbbed at the thought of being their boyfriend. I gasped, and almost lost my balance on the bike. I'd never felt this feeling before. Did I- did it- was I-was I in love? Did I have feelings for them? They had always been nothing but kind to me, befriending me when I was a nobody, alone, singled out because of my villainous quirk. The last few days after the Sports Festival had been great. I felt happier than ever, and they were always praising me about how I came in first place. They were so supportive. Could I be a hero, with them at my side? I hopped off my bike, feeling the sensation near my stomach grow, went into my room, and locked the door, thinking about them and my possible future with them. (If you know what I mean 👀😏😳🌚)

Remember to vote if you liked this chapter!