Chapter 1

HAILEY'S P.O.V

"It's not that your life's gonna stop."  Mom chopped her veggies, still arguing with me.

"You know what, Mom?  Maybe it will."  I walked around the entire living room.

"Just Florida!  Come on, what's so wrong about it?"  She insisted.

"First, I love New York.  Second, I love New York."  I stared at her.  "You can't be serious..."

"You'll find some cool people in there, sweetheart.  I wish I could do something to make you happier.  But it's settled."  Mom gave me her sorry expression.

"I know..."  I sighed.  "Where else in this world is the better place with better school."

"Orlando has some good places.  We'll try to find the best for you."  Mom came and hugged me.  "But we can never solve anything with only being worried."

"True that."  I nodded.  End of discussion.  I wouldn't win, either way.

"That's my daughter.  Go pack some stuff.  I'll call you once dinner's done."

"Alright."  I smiled to her and ran upstairs.

Okay.  The cruel life chapter 1 has just started.  I don't know where to start with these whole stuff that I should pack.  You know, I've been in New York since my first day.  I'm not saying it's the best place, considering there were so many rude people around me too.  But if I gotta choose, I'd rather be here than anywhere else.  And for another important reason, I love winter.  And it's always like winter in New York.  I love the cold wind and the freezing moment.  It always gives me another reason to have a cup of hot chocolate and being a bookworm inside my house.

So I started to pack.  My guitar, first of all.  I bet there'll be no time to play it anymore, at least until I finish packing.  So I packed it up and laid it on the wall.  Second, I took all of my novels, put it inside a medium box.  At the end of first packing session, I looked at the entire room.  Wow, it's way cleaner than before.  Dang it.  Maybe I built this room with a ton of novels.

"Sweety, you're done?  Dinner's here!"  Mom yelled from downstairs.

"Okay Mommy, a minute!"  I answered her.

I quickly changed my tee then joined her in the living room.  Mom's right.  This house is too big for us.  Since the last time Dad decided to work outside the country, we barely spent time with him as a complete family.  The only thing that kept me going by far is the fact that they don't divorce.  It's just, his work in Dubai can't wait.  And last time I met my father was last year's Thanksgiving when he had a week off.  Happy life.

"How was it?"  Mom gave me some french fries.

"Cool.  My room looks larger."  I laughed.  "When will we exactly leave?"

"Tomorrow I'll go to your school to collect everything due to your school transfer later in Orlando."  She answered.  "Once it's done, I'll buy the tickets and call the handyman."

"Right."  I nodded.

"Why honey, you want to say something?  Oh, is there any friends you want to have farewell party with?  You can go somewhere though.  We still have time."  Mom understood me very well.

"I'm...not sure.  Honestly, nobody realizes that I'll be moving out.  It's okay."  I shook my head.  "Let's just focus on this then."

"Make some more friends in Orlando.  You gonna need it."  Mom ate her steak.

"I wonder so."  I raised my eyebrows.

We ended the night by washing the dishes together, meanwhile Mom cleaned the kitchen for tomorrow's breakfast time.  We're pretty organized, and I've grown up to that girl too.  You know, Mom was the one who raised me up.  So I'm alike her.

"Good night sweetpea."  Mom turned my light off.

"Night Mom."  I smiled.

Once she's gone back to her room, I turned my light on, took my laptop, and surfed myself online.  I googled some stuff in Orlando.  You should be this excited for a new city, right?  Truth be told, I am completely blind about Florida, because that's not one country I put my attention on.  People like beach?  I don't like it.  I told you, I prefer fall and winter.  Florida's hot, literally, obviously.  So I think I'm gonna pack my winter outfits right away tomorrow.  Dang it I don't want to leave New York, someone please help me.