Chapter 11

TOBY'S P.O.V

"How...in a freaking 10 minutes...this could happen?!"  I yelled to everybody in the class.  "Where did she go?"

"Tobes, slow down."  Colton whispered.

"You, whoever knows where she's going when I was at the cafetaria, you better talk to me!  Who beat her like that?  Huh?  Who's trying to hurt her in this class?"

I threw my sight to the entire room.  I saw couple of bookworm students staring at me with scared looks.  So I eliminated them.  No way that group of friends could do such thing as that.  I moved my eyes to the right corner of the class.  My former football team.  I know I've taken off this football attribute from my locker because I'll be just going out from this school before they realize it.  But it's not the reason.  My team member, we still do hang out every weekend.  And there, they shook their heads to me, signing they didn't know anything about this.  The last one, these 5 girls in the middle of the row.

"Sean, start talking to me."  I deepened my voice.

"W...what?  I didn't see anything, Toby..."  She replied me by also winking her eyes.

"Stop playing and start talking!  I'm serious!"  I threw my snapback to Hailey and I's seat.

"W...w...e...we didn't know...about this.  I swear..."  Sean was still being fake.

"Come here."  I pulled her hands.  "I'm personally going to make sure you regret this, girl.  I really am serious about this.  You don't know what I'm capable of."

"You...'re threatening me...?"  Sean stuttered.

"Because I know, for sure, that this bruise in your hand's coming from punching session in the bathroom.  And I'll make sure you won't be able to go to school by maximum the end of this week."  I whispered right in her ears.

"I'm...not...guilty..."  She kneeled, tried to catch up some drama.

"Oh stop it!  I'm sick of you!  You're too pathetic Sean!  I saw you trying to beat her at the beach, Starbucks, and now you're going to be sorry about this.  Get your hands off from me."  I groaned.

"Toby...  Toby please baby I can expl..."

"GET YOUR FREAKING HANDS OFF FROM ME!!!"  I shouted to the top of my lungs.

I ran to the nurse room to check on Hailey.  This isn't cool.  It's her first day and she already passed out to some drama queens in my class.  The worst, she's under my protection.  I could've just left school at anytime now but I decided to still keeping my eyes on her.  Hailey's still passed out.  Every minute just got me even more frustrated.

"Can't believe this."  Colton sighed.  "How could those girls do this to her."

"I don't know.  Sean and her drama.  Wish I wasn't surprised about this."  I replied shortly.

"Uh...  Ouch..."  Suddenly her groan filled the room.  It's the deep one.  I felt bad for her.

"Hails, hey...it's me Toby."  I held her hands, gently stroked the bruises that nurse had put some bandaids on.

"To...b...  Oww..."  She tried so hard to open her eyes.

"It's okay.  Ssh, I'm here.  Just remain your eyes close.  Adjust first.  I know you feel dizzy."  I whispered closer.

"Are we...home?"  Hailey murmured.

"Not yet.  But I will take you home.  I got your bag.  Hold on, I'll get you the wheelchair."