Chapter 9

HAILEY'S P.O.V

Long story short.  I'm going to school this morning.  And dang nervous about it.  Literally couldn't sleep last night because of so many normal reasons.  So yes, I look like zombie today.

"Hails, Toby's here!"  Mom knocked my room door.

"Oh alright alright!  Coming out!"  I yelled back.

Shoot.  My room's so messy because I've tried to find the perfect outfit for first day at school.  It's not funny that I only have so many black coats for fall/winter, then to see that sunshine outside, it wouldn't match.  Til 2 minutes ago, I finally found a simple dress with cardigan.  That's all I can have best from my dresser.

"Good morning."  I took my bag.

"Morning sweety!"  Mom replied from the kitchen.  

"Oh wow, why so early?"  I looked at Toby.

"Because Mom invites me for a breakfast."  He winked.

"That's...yeah okay."  I rolled my eyes and got a pair of shoes.

"Eat your breakfast first, Hailey."  Mom poured me a bowl of cereals.

"What?  Stop staring at me like that."  I glanced to Toby.

"No, you're just so funny."  He giggled.

"I can actually cereal-fight you right now."  I held my spoon like a gun.

"Mooom!"  Toby, surprisingly, told my Mom about it.  Hey, remind me whose Mom is she. 

"It's my Mom."  I groaned.  "You're a pain."

"I'm a pain?  Dang, you're gonna have a loong long life with me."  He ate his last sandwich bite then mocked me with that tongue.

"What you just brought me, God..."  I sighed.  "Alright let's go."

"Mom, we're going to school!"  Toby shouted to Mom who's in her room.

"Okay kids, take care!  Drive carefully."  Mom kissed both of us.  "Have fun at school, Hails."

"Trying Mom, trying."  I gave my fingers crossed to her.

Toby soon drove us out from my garage to the school.  Wow, can't believe I put myself in another danger.  I've been trying to think positively about this school because I have my protection, which is Toby, but not likely it would make me feel like have enough.

"What are the chances?"  I murmured.

"Of what?"  Toby parked his car.

"Of me, getting bullied again?"

"It's not going to happen."  Toby turned around at me before we're going outside.  "Look, Hails.  I'm here to save you from the bad dreams.  Just like what I've done twice, even when I didn't know who you are.  So you gotta trust me.  I'd just go leave the class if that's I need to save you.  Not going to think about it twice."

"Thank...you..."  I bowed my head.  "Sorry I'm being this weak."

"You're not.  I completely understand.  But now, for our first day, it's gonna be a little bit tough.  They know who I am and who this band is.  So whoever gets close to me, they'll try to find out.  But don't worry.  I'll keep you by my side.  So just keep going, and keep up my moves."

"Wow.  Alright."  I nodded.  Trying to find my strength.

"Let's go!"  Toby opened the door for me and we walked side by side.

We walked on the same corridor as few days ago when I first visited this school.  We passed the music room, and both glanced at each other.  Seems like we've found our favorite place.  Passing some other rooms, Toby said we're arrived at the first class.  It's Geography.  Fingers crossed again.

"Hey guys."  Toby waved at some guys at the corner of the room.

"Whoa Tobes, how you doing?"  One of them came toward us.  "Who's this?"

"Hailey.  New student."  Toby tightened his grip on my shoulder.  "Hails, this is Brian.  And those are my friends too."

"Hey guys."  I politely nodded.

"You're sitting with me."  Toby whispered and asked me to sit.  "I'll be right back."

Okay.  First 5 minutes, Toby has left me outside.  I'm not sure where he's going.  It's just I've been worrying about too much.  I'm scared.  These eyes have stared at me like I'm a big fresh fish from the Atlantic.  Toby, this isn't funny.

"Here, your locker key."  He brought me a small key.

"Oh goodness.  Thank you."  I relieved.

"So...I heard there's this newbie..."  

Suddenly we all heard a girl voice came from behind.  I thought Toby and I were already taking the last seats in the row.  But maybe this girl stood by the corner, which I didn't realize.  I can't remember each of their face, because I didn't see anything but the white floor.

"You drop it, Sean."  Toby groaned.

"Why should I, babe..."  This girl, whoever she is, Sean whatever, I felt her pair of ankle boots coming toward us in the sassiest way possible.  Does school even allow you to use ankle boots?  Come on.

"Leave me alone.  Take your hands off from me."  He's getting deeper.

"Oh!  No!  You?  Some bitchy girl from the beach?  I thought you're dead!"  Sean lifted my chin rudely with her finger.

"What do you want?"  I glared deep into her eyes.

"You better be careful with that mouth!  I can make you..."

"Stop!"  Toby slapped her hands.  "I said stop!"

"I never understand.  You've changed."  Sean pulled off her drama.  I'm so knowing this type of girl.  I got a lot in my previous school, like literally 90% of whole population.

"I have changed.  And you, when I said step back, you have to step back.  Go!"

I'm sure Toby used his deepest meanest glare to finally make Sean step back.  She left us alone.  I was already breathless.  It's not cool at all.  Why did I just do to make me have another enemy?  I'm not that cool for anybody in this school.  I don't understand why school is that hard.  

"Are you okay?"  Toby whispered, checking on me.

"Yeah yeah okay."  I cleared my throat.  Take me home, please.