Chapter 6

HAILEY'S P.O.V

"Oh dear goodness, what happened honey?  What about that bruise?"  Mom, obviously, freaked out when she went home and found me with bandaids here and there.

"Another bad day in paradise."  I chuckled.  "That girl again, Mom."

"I really eager to meet her..."  Mom groaned.

"Don't bother.  I hope I can never meet her anymore."  I answered.  "How's the day at the office?"

"Great, so far.  Some people are really nice.  They took me out for lunch."  She took off her shoes and placed it well on its organized place.

"Oh awesome!  I guess you're gonna love it here."  I smiled.  "Mom, I went shopping today for kitchen."

"You did?  What have you bought, baby?  Whoa..."  Mom's face turned bright and happy as she saw her fridge was fully filled with ingredients.  "This is amazing..."

"I found a cool grocery store downtown.  Pretty cool Mom, we gotta go there sometimes."  I walked toward her.

"Yes yes we should!  I'm happy we have some proper food."  She chuckled.  "I'm gonna cook some brownies."

That's Mom and her happiness.  Rule 101: don't tell Mom to stop when she wants to cook, even at midnight.  So yeah, she got to her room to change, then came back to the kitchen with an apron already.  I just smiled.  Mom didn't let me to help her.  She said it's a treat for me for buying her some very fresh fruits.  At the very 9 pm, brownies has gone out of the oven.  Smells really good.

"I'm not turning fat Mom.  Don't cook this too often."  I smirked.

"Eh shush.  Don't blame great food."  She laughed.  "Thank you honey for today."

"What?  I just went shopping like usual."  I chuckled.  "But you're welcome."

"Hails, tell me again about that thing."  Mom checked on my cheek.  Oh yeah it has this red stamp on it.

"I was trying to find some stuff in the store, suddenly this girl came up again, and tortured me with her words.  I didn't really get it.  She said we have unfinished business.  I don't remember I have other problem with her except she can't let go of that thing at Starbucks."  I sighed.

"Honey..."  She held my hand.  I always get too emotional whenever it comes to bullying.

"Sometimes I'm tired."  I rolled my eyes.  "Can people just let me go?"

"They will.  You're one cool new punching bag for some people like her, baby.  Because you're different.  And I'm sure you don't want to me normal."  Mom stroked my hair.  "You my lovely baby."

I just smiled and buried my face in her hug, against her calming heartbeat.  It's great to rest yourself inside Mom's hug after a long day.  

"Oh Mom, I met him again."  I murmured.

"That guy?  How so?"  She freaked out, but this time in a positive way.

"At Starbucks again.  So I walked to Starbucks first with my bruises because I couldn't make it home without resting for a minute.  And there he was.  He actually put this bandaids on me."  I explained.

"What...a long...day..."  Mom commented.

"Indeed."  I nodded.

"And his name...?" 

"That's something I can never figure out."  I chuckled.  "He left too soon, Mom.  He didn't want me to know his name, I guess.  When I asked, he's leaving."

"Is he with anybody else?"  Mom asked again.

"Yeah, there were 4 other guys who sat across my table and waiting for him til he's done with me.  Then yeah, just  left like that.  But I know it's the same guys who were on the beach the other day."  I tried to remember their faces in my head.

"You'll find him again.  At least he isn't too far from us."  She smiled.  "Alright honey, let's get some sleep."

"Okay.  Good night, Mom..."  I slowly walked to my room.

"Oh Hailey, tomorrow we'll go to the neigbor, alright?"  Mom turned around and called me again.

"Which neighbor?"  I replied.

"About 3 houses from here.  Her name is Joan.  She's really nice.  I met her and her husband this afternoon when I parked the car.  A dinner invitation."  Mom nodded.

"Oh..."  That, I don't like to meet new people and got hesitate around them again, pretending they'll like me when they actually don't.  "Alright then."

"Good.  Dress up tomorrow."  She closed her door.

"Dress up."  I rolled my eyes.  Not going to do that.

Oh hold on.  That 3 houses from us...isn't that...the one...that...I...  Whoa.